Chapter 46

I woke up to the sight of Peter gazing into my eyes. Happiness filled my every nerve as I pulled him close. He simply chuckled a little and returned the action. My mind traveled to what had happened last night in my mind or dream or what ever Sebastian called it. I wasn't there for that much longer after Sebastian told me about earsing the past. Even though he was begging me to stay, I couldn't. I had to return to my reality.

"I love you, Peter," I muttered into his chest. I had to say it. I just feel so guilty about even considering earsing the past. The future might be worrisome now, but life will work itself out.

"And I love you Mel," He smiled back. "I wish that I could stay like this forever with you, but I'm giving Felix a day off so he can get some rest without the kids bothering him. Also he is going to be traveling to get some older lost boys tonight."

"Oh," I quietly muttered. Peter said his goodbye for the day and left me alone in the room.

After about twenty minutes of staring blankly at the ceiling trying not to die of pure boredom, little Zach walked in with a wide grin plastered on his face. He walked over to the bed and layed down next to me were Peter always does.

"What are you doing in here bud? Aren't you supposed to be training with Peter today?" I asked him sweetly.

"I am training. Daddy said that if anything happened to him, the first thing to do is to keep you safe. Since he thinks that you like me the most, I would be with you. Xaiver and Felix would be outside of here protecting you!" He cheered. I smiled at the fact the Peter wants to keep me safe, but nothing is going to happen to him. Ever.

"So how long are you going to stay in here?"

"All day. Daddy says that he wants me to keep you company today."

"Are you excited to have more people on the island? I mean they won't be your age, but they will still be more people to play with," I asked him.

"I hope that Reily comes," Zach whispered.

"Who is Reily?"

"He's my brother. My old mommy and daddy used to make him cry. He's seventeen and he is the best big brother ever!"

"Well, I'm sure that if the situation is as bad as you say it is, Reily should be here tonight," I smile and pat him on the head.

"You're bed is comfy," Zach yawned and leaned on my shoulder.

"Are you tired?"

He simply nodded his head in return and started to doze off. I hummed a tune from my childhood in the hopes of a peaceful night's rest even though it was probably noon. I looked at his blonde hair that had begun to turn lighter because of the sun's glare. I parted his hair at the side and continued humming.

Zach woke up two hours later and we talked until dark. He served me my lunch and it was absolutely adorable. My heart pangs with hurt when I remember what he was put through. How can someone be so cruel as to beat this sweet little boy? I wonder if Reily would have the same manners or is he beyound the point of repaire?

Peter popped his head into the room and smile at me. Zach was telling me a lovely story of his brother and how he protected him from getting hurt by his parents. I motioned Peter over to me and he followed orders.

Peter laid down beside me and Zach rested at the foot of the bed finishing his heroic story. I felt Peter's warm lips melt against my cheek and I snuggled into his side. God I have a love hate relationship with these babies. On the down side, It makes snuglling with Peter and everyday activities way harder than it should be. On the upside, I am carrying a piece of Peter wherever I go. No words can even begin ot explain the love I hold for him.