Chapter 56

"Daddy isn't waking up, is he?"

I was numb. Physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually numb.  My son, my sweet little boy just killed Peter. THE Peter Pan. He killed his lunatic of a father. There is no way I can survive with the twins on my own. I have Reily and Sebastian, but they aren't Peter.

I've been a bitch. A lying, cheating, gullible bitch. It was my fault. Everything that led to Peter's death was because of me. I can never forgive myself for my action. I can never forgive myself from moving boy to boy because I was weak and pathetic. I was selfish. I was greedy. I was worse than the devil himself.

Callie let go of me and walked over to her cold father.

"Callie! Honey, come back," I grabbed her arm, but the look on her face was unsettling. It was like she knew something I didn't. With a nod, I knew that she knew what she was doing.

I went with her, just to make sure everything would be okay. Her small, pale hand grabbed her father's wrist. Her eyes closed and her power glowed. It was white, pure. So much power from such a little girl.

Her breathing deepened and the glow became brighter. She was healing him. His burned body from Hunter's attack regrew and rejuvenated. She was bringing his life back.

"Callie," I was speechless. She was doing this with ease.

A gasp broke the intensity of the moment. Peter shot up from death, again. His skin was sweaty and pale and the look in his eyes was unnerving. He slowly turned to Callie and grabbed our daughter and pulled her in.

He whispered something in her ear and continued to hug her. Tears were forming in his eyes and I remained standing there, completely speechless. How many times does Peter have to die in order for me to understand that he is the most amazing human being I will ever be lucky enough to have love me? How many times do I have to lose him before he is gone forever?

"Mel," his raspy voice calls to me. I shake out of my trance and all of my attention is focused on the fearless boy that sat in front of me.

He reached his hand out and I immediately took it. His soft smile sent shivers down my spine and I fell in love with him all over again. How am I lucky enough to have him? It's a question I will ask myself until I die.

Days went on. Life continued. Reily and all of the lost boys came back to camp with new hopes and dreams for the future. Sebastian is an outcast in an island of outcasts. He sticks to himself and only really talks to me and Callie. My heart goes out to the guy. He can't go back to his home and he can't go to the world without magic because Storybrook hates him.  He has to stay here with the rest of the boys.

No one knows exactly what happened that fateful day besides Peter, Sebastian, the kids, and I and the five of us intend to keep it that way.

Peter and I have been trying to work through everything that has happened between us. There were fights consistently, just trying to figure out how to handle moving forward. The summary of the 'discussions' was that I am a horrible person who takes everything for granted and Peter is crazy when his dark magic overpowers his pure heart.

We've ignored out fears of Hunter and his power. Peter was able to water it down so Hunter won't kill anyone, until he is trained in how powerful his magic is.

Peter's hand snaked around my waist from behind and he pulled me close. I let his warm breath circle my neck as a smile creeped up to my face. He kissed my ear softly and hummed a tune.

"I love you," He spoke when his song ended. "I know I haven't been the best with all of this fighting and you've stood by me. You're still here, with me, with our kids."

"Stop blaming yourself for all of this. I know you're just doing it to make me feel better. We both know I was the one that destroyed what we had. Please stop acting like it was your fault too, because it wasn't." I responded. He keeps on trying to take the blame, but he doesn't deserve any blame.

"Love, no matter what you say, it was both of us that put us in that mess and now we've gotten over it and we can finally live and love without worry of that happening again."

He turned me around and pulled me close. One arm was tucked tightly around my waist while the other was rubbing my back softly. Bliss. Sanctuary. Home.

-----

Hey guys, I'm so so so so so so so so so so sorry about the zero update in MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!! It's senior year and there's a lot to go along with that. I know you all probably deleted this story from your library but for the one's that are still here I LOVE YOUUUU!!!!!

Lucky for you, I've gotten accepted to my favorite college so I have more time on my hands so hopefully this can be a regular thing again. I'm working on another story that, I believe, has more mature writing, not the content exactly, but the writing itself. I started this story my freshman year??????? So four years ago and I know that my writing has improved in this new piece.

LIKE COMMENT AND FOLLOW

love you most,

Kathryn