Chapter 30

My old Peter has returned. I can feel it in the soft kisses that he lays upon my lips as I am pressed against the cold wall. I have almost forgot were I was. Felix was only yards away from this scene. It was awkward thinking about it. Was he watching us? No. He wouldn't. Would he?

Peter's lips were removed from mine and a smirk played on his mouth. His dazzling, still muddy, eyes glimmered into mine. He rested his sweaty for head against mine and I could feel his uneven breath upon my face.

"I knew that would make you believe. Now, come on my queen. Our tower awaits," Peter spoke. No. This is not right. I am not his queen. We talked about this before. I must've been to quick to assume that my Peter has returned. I have been naive once more.

"No," my unsteady breath made out.

"I don't take orders from anyone. I thought that I have told you that. Melody, you either behave like my queen or you get placed in the cell again," Peter threatened. His eyes grew darker than they were before.

"I thought it changed you," I spoke under my breath, hoping that no one would hear me. How foolish was I to think that. Peter can hear the unspoken, let alone a faint whisper.

"You thought, what changed me? The kiss? My pretty little princess, how long have you roamed this earth and actually found a happy ending with true love's kiss? Nothing on this earth ends with a happy ending. you should know that the best. You could have a happy ending with me, but I will never be the same guy you fell in love with that long time ago. There is no going back, even if I wanted to," Peter ended his emotional story and pierced through my eyes. I sensed pain with his story. Uncontrollable pain.

"Are you telling me that you are incorrigible? That you have no hope left in you?"

"No. Not at all. Hope is not like energy. It can be created and destroyed. Hope can never be renewed, only rejuvenated. You have to create a new hope for us, one that is stronger than the last. Our relationship is in the hands of you,and only you."

"This is bullshit. I can't believe you! I don't want this, not anymore. I don't want you. YOu have sicken me to the point of no return. I hate you," I cried. I don't mean half of the words that I told him, but I needed to say it. He needs to know that I am not his play doll.

"Well, if that is so, then I guess I will just have you want me again," Peter whispered into my ear.

"Doubt it. I can't even remember a time where you truly loved me. I will never let myself love you again. Never."

"Melody," He harshly pulled me really close to him. "Thats not you desicion."

Peter pushed me back into the cell that contained Felix. I stubbled into Felix's arms as Peter slammed the metal door. I quickly retained my balance and pulled away from Felix. I need to be alone. I have to be alone, truly alone with only my thoughts as company. I really can't deal with Felix right now. I really can't deal with life.

"Melody, I'm sure that Peter didn't-" Felix tried to say, but I cut him off without another word.

"Save it. He meant what he said. He is incorrigible. I thought that he changed, but the truth is, is that he can never change what rus through his blood. He will be a monster for the rest of enterity."

"Don't say that. Thats what I thought, before you came that is. Once you came to Neverland, everything changed. You changed him. And you can change him again. You can bring back the Pan that you fell for. I know you can."

"Does he deserve to be saved?"I asked Felix with glossy eyes. That was the question that I have been contemplating. Does Peter really deserve another chance?