Chapter 47

Felix was the first lost boy to land on the island. At least ten followed behind him, all lost souls to this corrupt world. It wasn't hard to miss Zach's excitement when he saw his brother again. I looked at the two boys, clinging on to Peter with happiness. It was a good two minutes of Reily holding Zach in his arms.

I was going to go over and introduce myself to Reily, but Peter pulled me back and told me to let him introduce the boys to the island first. Chatter rung in Neverland's sky and it seems that these boys all know each other some how.

"Welcome," Peter said, "As you may know, this is Neverland. Living on Neverland won't be as easy as you may think. We have to hunt for our food, we have to take care of our sick and wounded, we are the doctors and cooks and contrustors on this island. There are no adults to tell us no, that is my job. I am the one and only Peter Pan, but you shall refer to be as Pan, never Peter."

Peter spoke more about the island and the role everyone has to take part in. He talked about the mermaids, of course he told the new boys that they were evil and shouldn't be spoken to. He talked about Hook and the other pirates that will occasionally sneak on to the island. Peter said everything he really needed to say about the island. It took a long time, but I think that he got this point across.

"Are there any questions?"

"Who's the girl?" A hidden lost boy asked from the back of the group. "I've always thought that girls weren't allowed on the island."

"Well, Melody here, is an exception. And another girl will be joining us shortly," Peter smiled at me and placed his hand on my enlarged belly. There were a couple of mumbles that filled the air, but were quietly silenced by Felix.

"Go to your assigned bunks and get some rest. You have a busy day tomorrow," Peter called.

The crowd dispersed, except for the little boys and Reily. All of the young boys ran up to me and each gave me a hug. It was their typical night routine. I would kiss their forehead then the next would come. Peter went off to talk to Felix about something, leaving me alone with the kids.

Zach was pulling Reily along with them. It really wasn't hard to see the sibling resemblence between them. Reily was taller and more built, obviously, but the boys had the same eyes and mouth shape alogn with skin tone. Reily had only a tiny bit darker hair than Zach's but it was hardly noticable. But they had the exact same smile.

"Mommy!" Zach squelled as I pulled him in for a hug. Zach was always in the back of the line so we could talk and not bother the others. "Reily's here! He's really here!"

"I know, Zach. I bet you missed him while he was gone," I whispered in his ear.

"SO MUCH! Thank you Mommy. I wish I could make you this happy. You never seem happy anymore," He whispered the last part, but it was still audible.

"I am happy, Zach. You being happy makes me happy. Never forget that, okay? As long as I have my little Zach next to me, I'll be happy," I smiled. He pulled out of the hug and pulled on Reily's hand who awkwardly stood behind him.

"Reily!!! This is Mommy! Well, her name isn't mommy, its Melody! But she acts like our mommy, a good mommy," Zach proclaimed. "Mommy this is Reily!"

"It's nice to finally meet you Reily," I smiled. "Zach has told me so many good things about you."

"Has he now? Zach's always known to stretch the truth. I'm sure I'm not as heroic as he told you I was," Reily smiled back, roughing up Zach's hair.

"I never lied! Reily is the best big brother EVER!" He yawn. "I'm tired. Good night mommy and Reily! I love you."

"I love you too," I said and pulled him into another hug before he waddled away into his tent.