Chapter 45

I can't believe that I'm going ot have twins! Its been a while since Snow came to check on the babies, five days I think. Time seems stranger than ever on this island. Days seem to drag on. Maybe its just because I'm pregnant and everything, but someting doesn't feel right.

Peter has been doing his best to make this island safer for our kids, even though I don't know how long that they will actually be kids. It seems to me that they will be growing up rather fast. I don't want to miss those moments with my children.

"Peter!" I called from our bedroom. I have been on bedrest lately because of the close arrival of our children. Peter came running in from outside and went ot the side of the bed.

"Is it time? Snow can be here in like ten minutes, hold on until then, love," Peter rushed out the words, obvioiusly concerned.

"No, I'm fine," I laughed. He let out a sigh of relief. "I just want you here."

"Of course, Mel. I love you," Peter smiled and sat down next to me on the bed.

"I love you more," I bantered back. He just smiled and shook his head.

"Only in your wildest dreams."

There was a sharp pain in my abdomin. I yelled out and grabbed on to Peter's shirt for comfort.

"Mel, honey, are you alright?" he rushed the words from his lips. I nodded, still feeling a light pain.

A bouncing blonde boy came running in. Zach. I immediately smiled and held my arms our for a hug from him. He ran into my arms from the side of the bed. Zach seems upset and I think that he is starting to cry.

"Hey, Zach, what's wrong bud?" I asked him, pulling away from the hug, but leaving my hands on his shoulders.

"Xavier! He-he," that's all I made out from his trembling lips.

"Calm down and take a deep breath. Now tell me what happened to Xavier," I cooed to soothe the crying boy.

"We were playing a game and were being pirates and we were using sticks as swords and he hit me with it. It hurts mommy!" He cried once more.

"Where does it hurt?" I smile towards him. He called me mommy again. I wonder if that's what the other younger boys think I an to them.

"My tummy," he pouts and pulls up his shirt to expose a rather deep cut. The bleeding seemed to die down a little bit showing that the healing process is working perfectly.

"Peter? Can you heal him faster?" I asked him sweetly and continue to examine the wound from my seat on my bed.

Weight lifted from the other side of me and Peter placed his hand on the wound to heal it up. After a couple of seconds, Peter removed his hand and the wound was completely healed.

Zach smiled widely and hugged Peter. Peter immediately responded and hugged the boy back.

"Thank you daddy," Zach smiled and rushed off to play with his friends once more.

"Daddy?" Peter scoffs.

"What? I think it's cute. He has been calling me mommy lately. I don't see the big deal," I respond as Peter takes a seat next to me on our bed.

"Yeah, but you're pregnant! You look like a mother. I'm supposed to be their leader, not their father," He huffs and pouts. It was actually quite adorable. I laughed slightly and planted a kiss on his cheek.

"They're just children. Having a mother and a father is just what they are used to. They will be more loyal to a father than a dictator," I said and snuggled into his side. Peter places a single kiss to the side of my head, still flustered about Zach calling him 'daddy'.