Chapter 38

"What ever you want to do is fine with me," Felix said, holding me.

I sat down on a near by rock to think what I would like to do. Felix sat down with me, wrapping one arm around me shoulder.

"Oh! What about that one waterfall? You know the one that I mistaken you as Peter before, well you know, Sebastian died," I murmured the last part.

"That sounds wonderful, Melody!" He cheered, grabbing my hand and pulling me toward the center of the island.

~

"Slow down!" I called to him. Felix was running at full speed. We have been running for like 20 minutes. Felix clearly has more endurence than me.

"Speed up!" He hollered back, practically pulling me through forest. "We are almost there!"

I tried to push back the agonizing pain that was shooting through my legs. It was just so unbearable. Tears were even starting to form around my eyes.

"Felix please," I begged. My knees started to buckle under my weight as I collapsed to the floor. My finger tips left Felix's warm hand as I was left panting for air.

"Melody!" Felix dropped to my side and placed my head on his lap. "I am so sorry."

I was trying to regain my composer, but the fall really knocked the wind out of me. I have short and shallow breathes by the time Felix sat me up and held me in his arms.

"Deep breaths," He murmured in my ear. "Calm down, my sweet Melody."

Those words some how snapped my out of my out-of-breath state. I looked at him through his blue eyes and smiled.

"Are you okay?" He smiled. I nodded my head, not trusting the words that could be released from my dry mouth.

He picked me up bridal style and started to walk in the same direction as we were running in before.

After a few minutes and a couple deep breaths later, Felix found our way to the mesmerizing waterfall. It was more beautiful then I ever remembered.

"It's wonderful Felix!" I cheer, escaping his grasp and place my ankles into the refreshing water. I pull my tanktop that I was wearing over my head and shimmy my pants so I am left with just my undergarments.

"Are you just going to stand there and watch or are you going to jump in with me?" I teased Felix. My eyes were glued to the cystal clear water, but I could feel his gaze on my body.

I heard him chuckle a little before stepping closer to me and stripping down to his boxers. I grabbed his large hand and took a deep breath.

"On the count of three," I told Felix. "One, two, thr,"

Before I could finish, Felix pulled me along with him as our bodies hit the freezing water.

I swam to the surface with Felix's fingers still intertwined with mine. My dark hair clung to my face as I peered into Felix's blue eyes.

"You suck," I muttered.

"No my dear, I believe that's your job," Felix smirked. With utter disbelief, I splashed him with one of my fancy, mermaid powered splashes.

"You are truly incorrigible," I teased, splashing him again. Letting go of Felix's fingers I swam to the edge of the water, clinging on to the rocks.

"You don't mean that Melody," Felix joked as he swam to my side. "You can fix me."

"Why bother fixing something that can never be fixed?" I spoke, raising a single eyebrow.

"Hope," He responded. "Hope that what ever you have been trying so hard to piece back together, will all of a sudden become fixed."

"Deep Felix, real deep," I teased to lighten the mood.

"C'mon, it's almost lunch."

"Already?! We just got here! I don't know if I can run all the way back," I whined, holding onto Felix's shoulder. "I'm so tired!"

"Stop being such a baby and get your clothes back on before one of the wayward Lost Boys see you."

I scrunched up my nose and lifted my body out of the water. Slipping my clothes back on wasn't the best idea. Because of my wet skin, my clothes started to dampen at the tighter places. I looked down at my pants and it looked like I peed myself. Fantastic.

Felix quickly picked up on my disapproving state and walked over to me.

"Take your shirt back off," He demanded. I rolled my eyes and did what I was told, like a little innocent puppy I batted my eyes. He just smirked as he handed me his shirt.

I looked up at him, shocked. Why was he giving me this?

"Put it on. It will cover the top half of your pants so no one will see the wet stains," He explained. I smiled at him.

"Thanks, Felix," I murmured while pulling his long shirt over my head.

"Anything for you," he smiled, wrapping an arm around my torso.

With a blink of an eye, we were back at camp.

"What the hell? How did we get back here?" I stammered.

"Magic," his eyes glittered.

"Why didn't we use that in the first place?"

"I wanted to have some fun," he smirked.

I wrapped my arms around his bare chest and hugged him. While I was breathing in his husky scent, my nose caught something else, smoke.

I felt Felix tense up under my grasp. He must have smelt the same oder.

"It's too early for the nightly fire, and I don't remember Pan putting this on his list of games for the boys. Let's go," Felix rushed his words out.

I nodded my head and we took off in search for the source of the smoke that now became visible.

I clung onto Felix in fear. Was anyone hurt? Was this an accident or was the fire lit on purpose? Who was the one who caused it?

What if Peter is burning to death? I can't let him die! I won't allow it!

I picked up my speed as I saw a couple of the new lost boys tied up to trees. My eyes widened we the fire was spreading to them. Some one is trying to kill the boys!

Felix tossed me one if his daggers to cut the lost boys free as he went to search for Peter.

I raced to the tree and cut the lost boys loose. They were so scared. After hugging each of them, I told them to go back to camp and stay safe.

I found a couple of more trees with some more lost boys tied to them. I repeated my actions from the first group.

All of the lost boys were safe except three, Peter, Felix, and Henry. I saw a figure through the fire and with my thumping heart I raced to it. After jumping over burning logs and dodging falling branches, I finally got to the figure.

Luckily Henry stood there, completely unharmed.

"Henry!" I cheered, giving him a big hug. "Have you seen Peter or Felix?"

"You don't have to worry about them, Melody," He spoke. Uncertainly traveled through my blasting veins.

"They're out there! I have to find them!" I stumble on my words.

"No you don't. I've already found them," Henry said with an evil smirk etched on his face. That's when I noticed something in his hands. It was a syringe. I tried to pull away, but Henry grabbed onto my neck and dug the needle into my neck, filling my veins with an unknown substance.

"Wha-What are you do-doing," I stutter as the unfamiliar liquid took over my body.

First I went numb, then I lost my sight. As my hearing was getting nearer to blur out, I barely made out some words.

"Sleep my dear Melody. Nothing will hurt you," Henry hummed.

Sorry! I shorter chapter than I had origionally expected :(! I have been swamped with school work! Love ya guys

Vote and Comment!

xoxo