Chapter 55

I got up, trying to clear my head.

"Where are you going?"

"I need to find Peter," I simply said and took off.

------

My mind might have been clouded with my overwhelming anger, but something needed to happen. I wasn't going to let Peter subject our kids to this. Not anymore. I'm tired of being weak, being pathetic victim.

Grabbing a blade from the drawer and slid the leather sleeve on it. I placed in on my waist line and hurried to the place I knew peter would be.  The tree at the center of the island. It held the most magic and in his fit I knew that was all he wanted.

"Peter?" I mocked in a sorrowful tone.  "Peter please, I need you"

A thump and a crunch of the leaves. Peter.  I turned and there he stood. Darkness filling his eyes. He cocked a smile.

"My dearest Melody, I'm glad you stopped crying. You were starting to give me a headache before."

"I'm so sorry Peter, for all that I did. I shouldn't have treated you like that," the words slipped out of my mouth like acid.

"Finally you're getting it."

"Yes Peter."

He brought his dirty hand up to my cheek. It took every drop of strength I had not to flinch away. 

"Now when are you going to stop lying to me?" He sneered, his face hardening again.

"What?" I faked, "I would never lie to you."

"Do you really think I'm that stupid? I know you Mel, more than you know yourself."

I stood, frozen and locked in my position. He circled me continuously and smiled.

"You're so transparent. So easily read. You think you hate me. You think that you were going to come here all strong and that you'd save the day with this," Peter pulled the knife from my waist band.

"Peter, it's not what I was going to do!" I protested.

"And what were you going to do? Please do tell me. I'm ever so interested."

"I-I-I" Truth is, I didn't know what I was going to do.

"That's what I thought" He slid the leather sleeve off of it and played with the blade. He points the tip to me. "I know what I should do right now. I should kill you. Find someone new and leave our kids with Snow. You'll become just another one of my victims. Forgotten as soon as the sunsets. But that's not exactly fun, is it?"

"Peter, I know you. You wouldn't hurt me."

"I didn't think you would hurt me, but you were the one who brought the knife."

He came closer. His breath circulated my face with a pink dust. My knees grew weak and my senses went numb. I fell into his grasp. Peter's strong arms held me tight and he stroked me hair.

"Mommy?" A soft whimper echoed from the outskirts of the clearing. Hunter's tiny body stood, watching us.  "Daddy, why?" His voice quivered.

"Hunter, your mom has been a very bad girl. I'm sorry you had to see this," Peter said to him angrily.

"No! Mommy is nice! Daddy is mean!" Hunter yelled.

It was just the slightly shake a first. But something was happening. The wind howled and the sky turned dark. Hunter had this glow of orange magic surrounding him. Sebastian came from the distance calling for Hunter. He must've snuck away from nap time.

"No one hurts Mommy!" He screamed and the earth tumbled. The wind hissed. The trees snapped. He sent a glowing orange line to Peter, knocking Peter to the ground, motionless.

Still groggy, I slowly stand up, but fall again. Sebastian raced over to make sure I was okay. I just kept looking at Peter. He remained still. Ice flowed through my veins. He can't be. Hunter can't be strong enough.

Hunter stormed to me, clutching on to my leg. My breath was caught in my throat. I couldn't talk, I could barely breathe.

"Are you okay Mommy?" He asked innocently. The only thing I could do was heartlessly nod.

Still staring at Peter, I picked Hunter up and placed him on my hip.

"You're going to be a good boy, okay? Go back to the camp with Sebastian and Mommy is going to make sure daddy is alright." I whispered to him, loud enough for Sebastian to hear too. He nodded and took Hunter.

"Mommy, daddy won't hurt you anymore." He spoke.

A pang in my heart played. Peter can't be dead. He's Peter Pan. Hunter was only trying to protect me. He didn't know his power. No one did.

My shaky footstep made this even more agonizing. I started to sob. Getting down in the space next to Peter, my heart broke. I turned his still, slightly cold body over, only to see a gapping hole in his chest. No past emotion, experience, or even words could ever describe or compare to the pain I felt.

I couldn't help but scream. My body shook. I wasn't ready for this. No amount of tear would be enough. All of his mistake were forgotten and all of my innumerable mistakes would scar in my heart forever.

It seemed as though hours passed by before I heard the squeals of Callie from behind me.

"Mommy! Hunter said Daddy is hurt!!" She ran to be and before I could stop her, she saw him. She saw the darkened hole in his chest.

Callie grasped my arm and cried. She cried and cried and we cried together.

"Daddy is not waking up, is he?"

--------

Yep, so. I don't know what to tell you guys. Sorry? Don't worry I have a plan if you'd let me. The book isn't over quite yet.

I would give you a long apology and explanation of why I wasn't able to write this sooner but I've already burdened you with enough of my problems anyway.

LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!

and you know what to do

~like~comment~be you~