Chapter 8

POV of Melody

The more I just sat there, the more I thought about Ursela's words. And the long I though about them, the more I dug into the truth. Maybe she was right. He might have just been so desparate that when he saw me, he might have just assumed it was me. And since the prophacy said he had to fall into love with me, he faked. He fake the whole thing. I can't believe I am saything this, but maybe Ursela is right, maybe Peter never loved me at all.

I bet he is just hanging out with the other lost boys, having the time of his life, not having to worry about some stupid and naive girl he has to pretend to love.

Every thought feels like a daggar to my fragile heart.  These simple words are yaking, teared, and destoring my heart. Peter doesn't love me. He never had, and he never will. 

The pain at the core of my heart is unbearable. Tears release. Heart is broken. There is only one thing left to do...

"I'll do it!" I say to Ursela.

"Pefect! Training starts tomorrow. By the end of this year, you will be the most powerful mermaid, that the magical world has ever seen." Ursela responds. "For know, you need some sleep. And while your at it, get that silly boy out of your head. He doesn't deserve to be in your thoughts."

Thats exactly I need to do. I need to cut him out of my mind. I can't have him in there. I will be stronger without the memories of Peter in my thoughts.

Slowly but surely, I drifted out to a deep sleep. I need to prepare myself for tomorrow. Hearing the stories that I have heard of Ursela, I can only expect tomorrow will not be anything close to a pinic.

~

~

~

Water was poored on my head. I immediately wake up to see that dawn hasn't even broke yet. It was still dark and cold outside.

"C'mon, we have a lot of work to do," Ursela said, and pulled me up and threw me into the freezing water. "First object of the day, breathing under water. I'll let you try to do it by yourself first, but if it is taking to long, I will handle this my own way. But before all of this, drink this vial. It will help you relax."

Ursela gave me this greenish blue vial, with a black liquid inside. I did as I was told. It tasted weird. It tasted how I imagine death would taste like.

I plunge into the water, and relax my body. That will help, right? I have no idea how to go at this. Do I just sit at the bottom of this pool of water and breathe like a normal person? I'll try that first. Swimming to the bottom of the pool, I fully relaxed my body.

All of my worries flowed away. It was just my own thoughts about under water breathing in my head. I inhale a deep breath. Surpirsingly I didn't choke on the sea water. Its a weird sensation. Its like a mixture of drinking water and breathing. Its hard to explain.

I rocketed back up to the surface.

"Impresive, you were down there for almost 20 minutes! What did you do?" Ursela told me.

" I just relaxed my entire body and all of my worries and problems just kind of flowed away," I spoke.

"Fantastic! Next on the list to do is water control. Focus on the water, picture it as a book or something, with small hand movements and mind power, move the water," She said.

Thats what I did. I closed my eyes, and I pictured water as a tangible object. It was a locket, the locket that my mother gave me before the curse was set. I reached out to grab it. As soon as I did, I heard a crash of water to the right of me, the same side I reached for my locket.