Chapter 15

I can't tell you how long we have been riding. Hours. Minutes. Seconds. Time was a blur to me with Peter's arms wrapped around me.

Our horses traveled farther and farther into the deep wood. They trotted until we got to a cabin in the woods. It looks like some one takes care of it. I turn to face Peter when the horses halted to a stop.

"Where are we?" I asked him.

"This is how Wendy and I used to ride. We would travel here as a hide away, and spend the night. I didn't tell you?" Peter's sweet voice responded. 

"Yeah you didn't. So are we staying the night I assume."

"I think so. Its going to be great!" Peter exclaimed.

"I hope so." I murmured under my breath.

Peter helped me off of Harry like a gentleman and guided me towards the small homey cabin. 

"What was that?" Peter asked referring to my murmur from before.

"Oh nothing. Its not like we are going to be spending the night with your cray sister, deep into the woods. It must even be so far in the woods that no one can hear me scream," I said out loud.

"Oh shush. As long as I am by your side, nothing, not even my sister, can hurt you. And if something ever did, I don't know how I would live with it." Peter reassured me and placed a kiss on my nose.

"Yeah your right," I spoke snuggling into his chest as we walked closer and closer to the well kept cabin.

"Its not like I am leaving you for her. She's my sister. If you would ever leave me Mel, I think I might die," Peter admitted.

"Well thats never going to happen," I responed.

"Good."

The cabin has two floor. The higher floor was filled with different bedrooms, 4 maybe. The lower level had a kitchen, dining room, and a living room. Wendy was unloading her bag of what I make of food in the kitchen.

"I'm going to get some firewood for tonight. Make nice you two," Peter spoke and kissed my forehead.

"Bye Peter," Wendy responded.

"See you soon babe," I murmured to Peter as he left the cabin.

There was a long silence once Peter left. I hopped up on one of the high chairs in the kitchen. The only noise in the room was the sound of boxes being placed on the counter. 

"So what do you see in my beloved brother anyway?" Wendy spoke suspiciously.

"Um, I don't know. He just makes me happy I guess," I responded.

"Thats all?"

"Not all, but do you really think we are close enough to talk about this? I mean we just met last night, and I am pretty sure you don't like me."

"Oh come on sister-in-law. We have to at least endure each other if you are going to marry my brother," Wendy said. There was no hint of sarcasm in her voice. I practically choked on my own spit. I mean yeah I love Peter, but marriage? I am 16!  " What's wrong? You can't be that stupid can you? The way he looks at you. The way you look at him. Even if you fall out of love, he would never let you go. I know Peter, and if there is one thing for certain, once he has something, there is no way he will let anyone else have it."

"What the hell does that mean?!" I exclaim.

"You heard me. He is very protective over his things. You are just an item to him, nothing more. I am surprise you haven't needed up like Ember yet."