Chapter 36

I look at myself through the mirror in Peter's room. My black attire was fitting for this event. It was Sebastian's funeral. Even through I never hated someone more in my life, he saved Peter. He deserves a funeral.

There was so many things I wanted to say to him, so many unresolved feelings. I wish I could talk to him, once more. That is all I'm asking, one more chance to talk to him. I know that will never happen. This island hold magic but nothing that can bring back life.

Anyways he was the reason Peter almost died. He was a large contribution to breaking up Peter and me. Life will be better without Sebastian, I have to believe that. Even if he has saved my life numerous times, he was a monster. A cold blooded monster.

I heard footsteps in front of the door. Turning to face the boy that came in, I saw Peter. He was wearing a darker shade of green than usually, but not black. I rolled my eyes and walked over to him.

"How are you holding up, love?" He asked me while he rested his arms around my waist.

"Better than I expected. It's just, I don't want to say tough, but it is. I just need time I think," I told him. Peter shrugged.

"Lets go before Felix dumps the body in the middle of the ocean," Peter laughed. I glared at him. "Its too soon, isn't it."

The walk to the pre-set burial ground was awkward and quiet. I could tell that Peter didn't know what to say to me. He was scared that he might slip up and end up getting me mad. He just place his arm around my shoulder.

Soon enough I saw Felix with a shovel in his hand. There was a deep hole behind him. Unlike Peter, Felix was actually wearing black. His hood was up and it covered most of his face. I saw Sebastian's body all tied up with white cloth and rope. I couldn't help but let a few tears trickle down my face.

Funerals are the worst for me. I hate them so much. I hate the idea of putting someone in the ground to be left there. No matter who they are, they will be eventually forgotten.

Peter gave me a little squeeze before he left my side to help Felix put Sebastian in the ground. I smiled at him.

It turns out that Neverland funerals are short and straight to the point. All they did was place him in the ground, buried him, and placed a large stone over where his head lays six feet under. They probably have never had a death on the island. Peter and Felix don't remember exactly what to do. Even if they did remember, Peter would never spend more time than nessicary on Sebastian.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Melody it has been forever since the funeral, you need to eat something," Peter whined as he walked into our hut.

"Its only been two days, Peter. I need time to mourn the loss of him. He saved both of our lives! That's not something to be taken lightly. With out him I would have been killed by your father," I told him.

"You would have never been killed by my father if he wasn't there to steal you away," Peter starts to raise his voice.

"I really don't want to argue. It's over and done with now. Sebastian is dead and there is nothing we can do about it," I said while rubbing my temples.

"You're right. Come here, love," Peter smiled and I slowly made my way from the bed and to Peter.

He opened his arms out wide and enfolded into a hug. I missed these bear hugs that he gives me.

He kissed my forehead before he broke the hug.

"I love you, Mel," Peter whispered with his eyes studying my face.