Chapter 31

"Peter?" I asked.

"Yeah, is anything wrong?" He responded.

"Its just that we have been walking for hours, and my feet are really hurting. Also you haven't quite told me where we are going."

"I know your feet hurt, mine are starting to too. It shoudn't be much longer now. Mermaid lagoon is just right ahead," Peter answered as he grabbed my hand.

"Mermaid lagoon? Is that the best place right now? Do you remember what happened last time?"

"You'll be safe, I promise. I just need to teach you something for a worst case scenrio."

Peter pushed a final huge leaf away and sure enough, we where in mermaid lagoon. Brooke and all her daughters were out flipping there tail and making beautiful water scuptcures. Brooke was sitting on a rock in the lagoon loooking after all of her daughters. There were a seclect few whom I don't recongize.

"Brooke!" I called out running to the water. She quickly turned her head and caught my eye. A smile light up her face.

"Melody! I thought you died about a year ago," She asked with surpirse.

"I did, but someone revivled me. I am here and healthy!" I cheered and gave her a hug.

"Thank goodness! Do your parents know about this?" She askes. I shake my head.

"I don't want them knowing."

"Why? They are your parents."

"They may be my biological parents, but they will never be my mom and dad," I ended the discussion with that. I don't want to talk about my past anymore.

I noticed that Peter followed me into the water. He wrapped a strong arm around my shoulder. I rested my head against his warm chest and smile. I could hear some 'awws' coming from the other mermaids which just made me blush. I snuggled my head in Peter's neck which caused more awwing.

"Stop being so embarress, we're cute together." Peter says with confidence and wraps his arms fully around my body.

"I love you, Peter," I told him. He smiled and kissed the top of my head.

"I love you too, Mel," He whispered in my ear.

I stepped up on my tip toes and kissed his nose. That cause more awwing.

"You two love birds, settle down," Brooke laughed. "Why do you need?"

"Nothing! Can't I girl just drop by to see her grandmother?" I tease. Brooke in no way looked like my grandmother, but it was fun calling her that.

"Urg, Melody don't call me that! It makes me feel old," She complains.

"But you are old!" One of the mermaids exclaimed. Brooke just scolded her. It wasn't like she was mad, we all knew that Broooke was over 100 years old.

"Actually we do need something for you," Peter said. I looked up at him confused, he just continued to look at Brooke.

"And what might that be?" Brooke asked.

"Well I don't know if you have noticed but the lost boys are gone, besides Felix and myself. We meet again with an old enemy and I want Melody to have a safe place just in case things go unexpected."

"What exactly are you asking me?"

"I want you to teach Melody how to be a mermaid. If we are under attack, I want water to be her safe place."

"Peter, nothing will happen! Even if something does, I am not going to left your side." I exclaim. Peter looks down into my green eyes and smiles.

"I know you won't, but this is just a plan B incase something does happen and I am not there to help you. I am not saying something will happen, I just want to prepare for the worst." He breathed. I saw a single tear fall from his face. I know exactly what he is talking about. He thinks that he might die in this battle. I pull him with all of my strength into me. My breath became unsteady as it wavered. He rested his chin on my head.