5.14

The Temple of Cian.

    Empress turning her hand with string of prayer beads, sideways her silky white hair flowed. She lowered her eyes and asked: "How are things going?"

    In the palace, everyone were afraid to say anything. Mother Song was the one who waited by her side for a long time, knowing the temper of the Empress Dowager, she had to bite the bullet and step forward.

    She bowed and said respectfully: "Returning to the Queen Mother, saying that there was an accident on the way to the Taimiao Temple to worship the ancestors. Master Feng Jun was... was hijacked by Prince Wu. But he is safe now. He was just frightened. The event is postponed for now."

The queen mother opened her eyes suddenly, and she slowly asked, "Then...what did the emperor do with Prince Wu?"

    Mother Song said, "I don't know yet, but..."

    The queen mother took a deep breath and lost her usual calmness. She slapped on the table again and said: "Say!"

    "But I heard that Prince Wu was hit with an arrow in the leg. Now he has been taken into prison and handed over to Prince Shuo to take care of him."

    "Wang Shuo..." The queen mother's face was extremely ugly, "That black-faced Hades that made the villain in the prison horrified? No, this Ai family must see the emperor."

She abruptly stood up and walked out.

    Mother Song hurried to catch up and persuaded: "The Empress Dowager, His Royal Highness, Prince Wu destroyed the ancestral sacrifice and intended to intimidate Feng Jun to murder the Holy Supreme. What he committed was a heinous crime. The emperor is getting angry at this time. If you intervene again, wouldn't it make the situation worse with the emperor? Calm your heart, His Royal Highness Wu has no way to survive."

The Queen Mother slowed down, she clenched the Buddhist beads in her hand, and sternly said: "I'm his mother after all!"

Mother Song leaned close to her and whispered: "You are but still remember that in the winter of Emperor Chong's thirteenth year, when he went to the study."

As soon as the voice fell, the queen mother's fingertips trembled and finally stopped. Even if she wanted to forget, how could she forget it.

    When Zong Huan was born, the previous empress dowager died. Although the first emperor was angry with him, it was not easy to blame him for these unfounded things, but he was usually left out in the cold so that he was send to the cold palace.

    The reason why he was completely disgusted was because of an incident that happened in the study room in the winter of Emperor Chong's thirteen years.

    At that time, the queen mother was known as Concubine Xiao Guifei. She had a close relationship with Concubine Shu who was pregnant with a dragon seed. The first emperor was very happy and stayed in Concubine Shu's palace almost all night.

    In a place like the harem, there has never been a thing called long-lasting friendship, only mutual use. When there is a common enemy, it is a friend, and when the interests are contradictory, it is an enemy. Xiao Guifei did not hesitate when she decided to not let Concubine Shu have a child.

    Although Concubine Shu has always been on guard against her, Concubine Xiao Gui is more skilled. The sachet she wears contains a small amount of medicine that can cause miscarriage. It is colorless and tasteless. It is difficult to detect. This medicine is very slow and will not work for a while. It will happen eventually. She and Concubine Shu often see each other, with time going Concubine Shu shows signs of miscarriage within two months.