3.2

In the wee hours of the morning, around 3 AM, the Imperial Court was bustling with its usual vibrant and luxurious splendor. But the senior management team was currently as anxious as ants in a hot pan as they scurried to the top floor.

Gao Min was frowning. "What happened? Are you sure it was Master Zhao?"

A thin man dabbed at the nervous sweat on his forehead before replying, "Chief Lin is present as well, so it has to be Master Zhao. But everyone knows that Master Zhao is not overly fond of the business here. In these past few years, he never shows up except for the usual routine inspections. Who knows what plans he has in store for us this time."

Gao Min pondered for a moment, then said, "Alright, there’s no need to work yourselves into a frenzy. Master Zhao may be hot-tempered, but it’s not like he’ll eat you. All of you, look smart now. Don’t embarrass me."

Everyone chorused in affirmative.

When they reached the topmost floor, they saw Lin Feifan standing outside the luxurious suite, idly tapping on his phone with a bored expression. When he spotted Gao Min and the rest, he smiled and called out a greeting.

"Apologies for disturbing your rest at such a time."

Gao Min replied, "Chief Lin surely jests. The Imperial Court is at its liveliest at night, and we are all used to performing at our peak at this period. If I may ask, what instructions do Chief Lin and Master Zhao have for us at this late hour."

Lin Feifan smiled at her words. "There’s no need for Manager Gao to feel uneasy. Master Zhao has no instructions for you. No, rather, he does not have any instructions yet."

Gao Min frowned at the way he emphasized the word ‘yet’. At this moment, they heard Zhao Feng’s angry voice thundering out from within the room.

"Where is the bloody doctor! If he’s not here in ten minutes, all of you can beat it!"

"He’s almost here, he’s already downstairs. He’ll be here in 2 more minutes," Lin Feifan answered.

There was no rejoinder, and everyone slowly breathed out a sigh of relief. Although the Zhao family’s businesses and industries have been washed clean these past few years, deep down inside, the big guns still retained the mannerisms of a thug.

It was rumoured that the ancestors of the Zhao clan were the Jings, an ancient imperial family of the Yu Dynasty, and that they were the direct descendants of the royal family. Although it was difficult to parse the truth from fiction, according to the insider information they had on the Zhao clan, it could very well be true.

The Emperor Cheng Tian was described as the Emperor of Ages by the local and international historians alike. During his short reign of seven years, he developed the nation and laid down the foundations which greatly benefited the people, and his name was still sung in praises today. In addition to that, he brought about the legalization of homosexual marriages as much as six hundred years earlier than the rest of the world.

It was speculated that the Emperor Cheng Tian deeply mourned the untimely passing of his first wife, the Empress Tao, so much so that he fell into depression which eventually led to his early death. But till this day, no one could say for sure if it was truth or a mere folk tale.

Some say that such a brilliantly talented and powerful monarch would not have wasted his life for the sake of love, whereas some argued that the ways of the Yu Dynasty’s people had been remarkably open minded. Whether by referencing the folktales and legends written during that period, or the historical biographies compiled by scholars, both could infer the same thing, and that was, the Emperor had been a one of a kind, lovesick man.