Arc 3-1: The Crime Lord's Undercover Boyfriend

Heavy clouds cloaked the night sky, giving the sense of a vast, endless darkness. Not a single star could be seen.

Su Yang opened his eyes, dazed and bewildered. He could feel something warm and sticky coated on his face, and the heavy scent of blood assailed his nostrils. The nauseating odor of rust made his stomach churn.

His surroundings were too quiet. Su Yang strained his ears trying to pick up any sound, and he began to wonder if this was the Underworld.

—–Could it be that the 100% progress had arrived too late? Has he already died due to the Tiānshān Lock?

A burst of sorrow suddenly welled up within him, but there was also a thread of relief. After having had to play the perfect lover in different worlds across time and space, he had experienced and endured all sorts of hazards that had been simply inhumane!!

So what if he’s dead. Besides being surrounded by constant darkness and smelling somewhat disgusting, the Underworld wasn’t so bad.

Even the wind feels nice…..

He kept it up for a moment longer, before bursting into tears.

Fuck, so he really did die in the end! After all his painstaking efforts and all the patience he had poured into it, it’s all gone up in smoke! He would never go home again, he would never see his mom and dad again!

Su Yang cried till he choked on his sobs. "I don’t want to die, I worked so hard, why do I still have to die, I had to pretend to love someone I don’t, no matter how hard things got, I did my best, I just wanted to keep living, why is it so hard….."

He cried and cried, all his grief and sorrow pouring out. Anyone who could hear him would have shed tears of pity for him.

The system wanted to warn him that his target was right next to him, but before it could get a word out, Su Yang was unceremoniously hauled up from the ground.

As his legs dangled in the air, Su Yang could only stare stupidly.

The man before him was very tall, his brows drawn tightly together in a grim expression. He had a cruel air about him, and his entire body blended into the darkness. Su Yang was held aloft in his grip, frozen in terror.

The man flipped open a cellphone and pressed a number. "Position locked. Pick me up."

The voice on the other end of the line seemed to ask a question. The man’s pitiless eyes swept over Su Yang’s tear streaked and blood spattered face before replying, "He’s already crying from fright."

Su Yang: "……." I wasn’t crying! The wind was blowing into my eyes!!

He quickly wiped the tears away, his eyes red as a rabbit’s. He squirmed uneasily, not knowing which way he should turn to hide his face.

—–Couldn’t you give me a heads up before changing worlds? You scared this baby to death QAQ

The man ended his call, and used his sleeves to mop at the blood on Su Yang’s face. As he wiped, the fair skin was gradually revealed, and he could see the round, dark eyes which were still misted with tears looking helplessly humiliated. The boy resembled a stupid rabbit which had wandered away and gotten lost, and was now crying for someone to pick him up, hug him and gently comfort him.

There was a faint, flicker of surprise in the man’s fathomless eyes.

Su Yang pursed his lips nervously. Why was this man staring at him like this? Was there some sort of deep grudge between them? Right at this moment, his host body’s memories suddenly poured into his mind.