7| Brother

Time was flying so fast for us

Time was flying so fast for us. It seemed as though it was just the start of September the other day but now, it's October. So far, my journey in getting good grades in N.E.W.T.S was getting more exhausting as the school year progressed.

Also Quidditch, Ollie was getting more and more desperate. We were all desperate to win the Quidditch Cup this year. Andy has been writing to me frequently, even several times a day, asking me on how was I, reminding me to be cautious wherever I go since Sirius was spotted near the castle, and how she, Ted and Tonks missed me.

I replied to her letters frequently as well. I was reviewing in the common room when an owl delivered a letter from Andy. After reading the letter, I immediately went up to my dormitory (I was alone at that time sine it was my free period) and wrote back.

Dear Andy,

I got your letter, I know you're very worried about me lately. But don't worry, I'll be fine. The number of Dementors patrolling the school has increased, security is now tighter as ever. Dumbledore is making sure that the castle is secured and safe. N.E.W.T.S has been stressing us all, freaking exhausting, also Quidditch. Ollie arranged a meeting for us a few days ago, it was raining cats and dogs that night; but it was worth it! Our DADA lessons were a blast, it had become everyone's favorite subject.

Remus is such a great teacher! He was by far the BEST Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher we've ever had. Better than Lockhart and Quirrell, I wish he would never leave.

Don't worry, I'll be okay. Nothing bad will happen to me. I promise I'll be standing on the platform back home without a single scratch as I wait for you and Ted. I solemnly swear that!

I love you, Andy!

Love, Selene

~oOo~

"Are you sure you're not coming with us in Hogsmeade?" Ollie asked me, adjusting the sleeves of his dark blue turtleneck as we sat by the fireplace of the Gryffindor common room.

"No Ollie," I sighed firmly. "I can't. I have detention with Snape today, remember?"

I got in trouble with Snape in Potions yesterday. I guess I was a bit of a show-off during the lesson, until the point came where Snape became so irritated with me and deducted twenty points from Gryffindor. Oh, and did I mention I placed a Dungbomb under his desk, which exploded right after class? And consequently, I got detention.

The Slytherins of course, were sniggering once I received detention.

"You complete arse, Luke Montez!" Monica yelled from the staircase. Luke dashed his foot against the armchair, as Monica was hitting his head with a teal notebook, which was her diary.