12| Waterloo

"I think it's best for you to head back to your common room

"I think it's best for you to head back to your common room."

I immediately pulled apart from his tender lips in surprise, I bit my lip. My eyes met Remus's, which glanced at me with a look of seriousness, his professional side was once kicking in again and in full swing.

"W-what?"

"I think it's best for you to head back to your common room, Ms. Black." he repeated, but this time the tone of his voice was more urgent.

"But –"

"No buts, I'm serious, Selene. Head to your common room." he said finally. And now, I knew that now wasn't the best time to have an arguement with him.

"Yeah, yeah sure." I said, my voice a bit icy as I retrieved my robes that were placed on the chair and placed it on my left shoulder. "You-you'll be coming tomorrow? Right? At- the Quidditch Match?" I asked him, gripping the doorknob before leaving.

He paused for a few moments, and sighed before finally replying to my question with a weak smile. "Of course, that's a promise."

I smiled at him gratefully, expecting a gleeful smile but he was still wearing his weak one. I closed the door of his office slowly, I turned around quickly. I was leaning against the wooden door, my hand still squeezing the metal doorknob. The corner of my lips was rising higher than I ever expected, and I felt a rush of euphoria surging through my veins.

I nearly screamed from the top of my lungs, but I restrained myself from doing so.

But at the same time, I slapped my cheek very hard, so hard to the point that I felt as though I had broken my jaw.

How stupid I was. I fucking kissed my teacher. I'm surely gonna get expelled for this, I didn't know whether I did or didn't regret what I did. Oh, the feeling of his lips entwined with mine, the cozy aroma of chocolate lingering in his cardigan. His scarred yet soft hands moving back and forth against the contours of my neck sent shivers down my spine.

Do I regret what I'd done?

Yes. Absolutely.

Maybe?

No.

~oOo~

"Lovely." I muttered under my breath, as Monica and I descended from the Gryffindor Tower.

It was the morning of our match against Hufflepuff. And to everyone's dissatisfaction, rain was crushing heavily outside. We all expected that the sun would show up and fill the Quidditch Pitch, but we were wrong.

The storm's noise was even louder in the common room. But as we came to the Great Hall, the noise was decreased, not as loud as it was in the common room but there was still rain.