127| The Battle Begins

A/N: Welcome, once again! We're so close to the end, it feels weird, honestly. Hope you all enjoy the chapter xx

The words were said and done, the Patronus vanished into thin air

The words were said and done, the Patronus vanished into thin air. Ana and I remained frozen in our spot, our eyes wide in shock and horror as we tried our best to process what he heard.

We were so frozen to we didn't realize that both Remus and Sirius rushed downstairs, their faces, shocked and pale as well.

"T-this can't be happening..." I stuttered desperately.

"We have to go," Sirius stated quietly, yet firmly as he looked at the three of us, before rushing upstairs to be followed by Remus.

"No! We won't leave!" I exclaimed, tears threatening to spill from my eyes as he changed into his robes.

He gave me a firm look- that meant we had to.

"But what about Hope?" I questioned, absolutely terrified. "We can't just leave her here –"

"Ana can't go, she's pregnant, remember? I'll call Andromeda if you'd like," he said curtly.

"What's the point of going into Hogwarts when we can possibly lose our lives and leave Hope an orphan?!" I snapped.

"We won't die, do you understand?!"

His face was burning red with anger and frustration as the tears finally slid down my cheeks, and his appearance suddenly softened and was filled with regret at seeing me in this state.

"MUMMA! DADDY!"

"Hope!" he called her name in reassurance, rushing into her room. I wasted no time by following behind him.

When we reached the nursery, Hope was standing up, gripping the wooden bars of her crib, her face looked scared and full of confusion about why we were arguing.

"Everything is fine, darling. Mumma and Daddy are right here."

Remus picked her up gently, rocking her back and forth to comfort her as she rested on his shoulder, his face was now identical to mine, and he was beginning to cry too; he kissed her head tenderly.

Impatiently wiping my tears away, I quickly took the time to conjure my Patronus to call for Andromeda and to change into my daytime cloak.

I could hear the faint argument of Sirius
and Ana.

"The Order needs me too!"

"You're not going there while carrying twins!"

"- it's not your decision to make! You might die there, I can't bear to hear the news that the father of my children loses his life while fighting the Dark Lord!"

"Yes, it is! And it would be more painful for me to lose you! And our children!"

"You're so loved, my little Hope, don't ever forget that. Mumma loves you, Daddy loves you. Be safe, for us." I sobbed quietly, holding the bars of her crib as Hope slept on peacefully.