101| An Extraordinary Attachment

A/N: This chapter got me a bit teary-eyed, ngl 🥲 kindly prepare tissues for my fellow mentally unstable people...

Soon enough, the first trimester of my pregnancy had finally come to a close.

The second trimester had finally begun.

I began to feel often dizzy, dizzier than the first three months and my body aches gradually became a bit more painful.

I lay on my bed one early morning, book in my hand as I glanced down at my stomach, which was beginning to accumulate and become more apparent than before. I, unfortunately, couldn't wear some of my favorite shirts and clothes, but the clothing that Molly and the Order had given me on my birthday was very comfortable to wear.

I smiled fondly, my heart fluttering while I thought about how it seemed only yesterday when we found out I was expecting, and now, our little angel was getting bigger and bigger.

The morning sickness was still present, but it wasn't as bad as compared during the first trimester. I felt extremely bad for Remus, he had to deal with my cravings and mood swings and how I'd always complain that my back ached every thirty minutes or one hour.

"How are you feeling, love?" Remus came into the room, holding a tray of tea and breakfast with a small smile and sitting beside me.

"My body's still hurting, but I slept very well, much better," I replied briskly, I heard him chuckle.

"Breakfast, my dear–" he was cut off when I pulled out a gag and ran towards the bathroom once the morning sickness kicked in again. I felt his hand rubbing circles around my back after a few moments and placing my hair behind my ears.

I groaned and flushed the toilet, sitting on the floor. "I'm sorry." I muttered miserably. He pulled me up to my feet, his chest pressed against my back as he wrapped his strong and protective arms around my chest.

"There's nothing to be sorry about, it'll be gone soon," he said assuringly, kissing my temple as we both stared at our reflections in the full-length mirror. He glanced down at my stomach, smiling lovingly.
"She's growing up so fast. I can't wait to feel her little kicks."

"His little kicks," I grinned, he furrowed his eyebrows in slight annoyance and amusement as we still have not gotten over our gender bet. He giggled giddily as he peppered kisses on my shoulder blade, neck and nape playfully.

"Let me brush my teeth!" I laughed, breaking away from his grip. He left the bathroom, laughing softly to himself before shutting the door close.

We had breakfast together in bed, after five minutes. When he sipped his cup of tea, he suddenly paused, his eyebrows creasing and eyes widening.

"Rem?" I hummed, glancing at him worriedly and moving closer to him, cupping his cheek with one hand.

"I just remembered...tomorrow's the full moon," he mumbled, looking at me fearfully. I kissed him in comfort.