116| Harry's Arrival

A/N: I'm impressed how are you all still reading this fanfic despite it being so lengthy sometimes

Well- here it is... The Deathly Hallows

A month had passed and it was currently summer

Despite the current state of the Wizarding World, with its most powerful wizard gone, and attacks and raids occurring from here and there,
it seemed that Dumbledore was right.

Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times.

I had now graduated from training and was now an official Auror for the Ministry.

Ten-year-old me surely must be proud of where I had landed. She'd surely be proud that I've finally achieved my dream.

Sadly, because of the world's state nowadays, I was tasked with lots of paperwork and missions and was required to be at the Ministry all day, sometimes even up until midnight. Which meant that I only saw Hope during breakfast and the late nights I went home.

Of course, as a mother, it was painful.

But a part of me knew this was for her sake.
I wanted to make the world a better place for her, Remus, and everyone to live in.

Since Dumbledore's death, the Order of the Phoenix had no choice but to change their headquarters from Grimmauld Place, seeing as Snape knew how to access it. We had no doubt that he must've told the Death Eaters about it, and they might break in anytime, so we were in desperate need of a new one.

I suggested our cottage without hesitation, seeing it was a perfect location and it had many protection charms around it already, and it was enough for us all to fit in.

Although Grimmauld Place was now abandoned, Mad-Eye made sure that the house had more enchantments and protection charms.

Even our house had to be put up with Fidelius charms and tighter enchantments, homes of other Order members were made safe houses, with one Secret Keeper each. Not wanting to repeat the same mistake sixteen years ago, the Secret Keepers were typically the members of the given households.

The Order had a plan to move Harry out of the Dursleys' house, his mother's protection charm would fade once he would turn seventeen, so that was the date of our mission.

Then he'd go to live with Sirius and Ana until September for his seventh and final year at Hogwarts.

Mad-Eye had given me a day off, which I was extremely grateful for after the long weeks of missions and raids. Without a second thought, I would spend the day with both Remus and Hope, making up for my absence and the little quality time I shared with them.

I was sitting on the bed with a wide smile, watching as Hope attempted to show me her new and favorite trick: rolling over on her back.

"Come on, sweetie. Mummy's watching, you can do it." I whispered, unable to control my excitement as she struggled a bit.