22| Monica's Discovery

The next morning had dawned quickly than I expected

The next morning had dawned quickly than I expected. I woke up in Remus's warm and cozy sleeping chambers. It was about 6:00 in the morning when I had woke up, to my surprise I was awake before Remus who was snoring loudly beside me (which I found quite adorable).

I fixed myself up shortly after that, and carefully pulled myself out of the bed to make sure Remus wouldn't wake up. I tidied my hair which I discovered was messy the previous night and grabbed my shoes. Taking a piece of paper in his drawer, I quickly grabbed a nearby quill, dipped in ink and wrote.

Dear Remus,

I might be gone when you wake up and read this, but I have to head back to the common room. I just want to say, I had a wonderful night with you.  I'll see you when you're okay. I hope you get better soon!

Love and kisses,

Selene xxx

Once I had finished writing the note, I placed it on his pillow. His face was tired, still looking pale but the morning light that seeped through the beige curtains was spreading across his scarred yet perfect little by little, and an exhausted smile gracing across his lips. I kissed his cheek softly and felt him shift position and mumble something. I casted one last look at a sleeping Remus before closing the door to head back to the Gryffindor common room.

~oOo~

"Where the hell have you been?" hissed Monica, as I entered our dormitory; and I was fully expecting her to be welcomed by her harsh expression, arms crossed and the question she usually asked me these past weeks whenever I visited Remus and either was gone overnight or came late.

"The Hospital Wing, I felt a bit dizzy, and thought I could spend the night resting there," I lied, grabbing my towel and new uniform. "Now if you'll excuse me, I need to take a quick shower before breakfast starts."

I felt a dreaded feeling flooding through me as I was being soaked by the waterdrops dripping from the shower. As much I didn't want Monica to know the the truth, I kind of felt really guilty of hiding the truth from her and everyone, even though my three best friends were the type of persons that you could easily trust and the shoulder you can lean on.

When I came out of the bathroom, my hair dried and wearing my uniform, Monica looked like as though I wasn't present, and that she was looking at a complete stranger. She didn't speak, and did not bother to, when I made eye-contact, her eyes were as ice cold and I just shrugged it off but deep down, the feeling off keeping everything away from my most trusted best friend was piercing my soul.

We descended to the Great Hall to have breakfast with the others, and still, I did not dare to speak to her even though I really wanted to.