82| First Day of the Year

TW: Smut warning! Enjoy ;)

I would advise to skip this chapter if you're under 16 and not comfortable with these things.

"3

"3 ... 2 ... 1 ... HAPPY NEW YEAR!!" everyone yelled in the living room, the grandfather clock chiming ever so loudly to mark the first day of 1996. Sirius immediately turned on his record player and blasted 'We Are The Champions' by Queen, Fred and George made red sparks erupt from their wands in celebration.

There were fireworks exploding from outside, the muggles outside cheering as well and running down the lane with handheld firecrackers.

"Happy New Year, my darling." Remus whispered lovingly to my ear, wrapping his hand around my waist, before our lips connected.

"Happy New Year to you, too."

"Alright everybody! Let the celebration begin!" Sirius exclaimed, clapping his hands together. "To the kitchen!"

All of us bustled into the kitchen for midnight dinner, with some of the Order members arriving including Emmeline Vance, Luke, Tonks, Kingsley and Mad-Eye. The long wooden dining table was filled with all sorts of dishes, from Mrs. Weasley's home made fudge, boiled potatoes, eggnogs, to roast chicken, beef casserole, steak, treacle tart and pumpkin pie.

After the filling meal, everyone had returned to the living room to play the games Sirius had been preparing a few days ago (with some help from the twins).

The other games included everyone guessing each other's resolutions for the New Year, spin the bottle. The adults particiapted in a game of truth or dare, which started with all of them drinking firewhiskey with Veritaserum, which was the game that made the kids's stomachs ache with laughter.

My personal favorite was the muggle drinking game called 'Ibble Dibble' which had all of us have black spots on our faces while reciting the tongue twister. According to Sirius, they had played the game every New Year during their Hogwarts years.

By three o'clock, the whole house was dead silent, everybody had went to bed under Mrs. Weasley's orders. The only sounds were the fireworks outside and the crickets chirping by the distance. I stayed alone in the living room, sitting by the couch with a cup of coffee in hand as I sat in complete silence, thinking of the new year and reminiscing every fond memory I had of 1995.

"Hello."

My entire body had jolted forward, my heart almost leaping out of my chest as I tried so desperately tried to slow down my racing pulse.

"Jesus Christ, Rem! Warn - a -girl - next - time!" I breathed, hitting his chest with a pillow, a laugh eliciting from his lips as he caught me in his arms. His chin resting on my head, arms wrapped around me. "Well I guess you don't really understand the concept of personal space, don't you?"

"No, not really." he chuckled

"Well then ..." I huffed with a smirk. "What is it that you need?"