56| Apology Accepted

Dumbledore had came stroding into the kitchen with a calm smile on his face

Dumbledore had came stroding into the kitchen with a calm smile on his face. The room fell into silence again as he stood in the front, and a few moments later, the meeting had started in a complete blur.

"Now for the newly joined members, the prophecy is the most important thing that we are protecting other than Mr. Potter." Dumbledore said calmly, his eyes settling on Luke and I.

Luke looked very flustered, and his cheeks turned pink as the other people at the table followed in to Dumbledore's gaze and turned their heads at the two of us.

"In early 1980, I met with Professor Sybill Trelawney at Hogsmeade Village when she applied for the position of Divination teacher. It was there that she made a prophecy, speaking of a boy born at the end of July, who had the power to defeat Voldemort –"

A few gasps were erupting from the table, disrupting Dumbledore's explanation and some, including the Weasleys and Luke flinched at the mention of Voldemort's name. Dumbledore then cleared his throat and continued on as though nothing had happened.

"And he took to mean – Harry," Dumbledore continued in a gentle voice. "The prophecy is currently residing in the Ministry and from here on out, we will be having an Order member guarding the prophecy at all times. We might not have everyone present in this room for the first meeting, and others will join us soon. But that does not matter. What matters the most is that we must protect the prophecy and Mr. Potter."

The meeting wasn't as long as I had expected. It just ended when all of us overheard a creak or two from the staircase. Mrs. Weasley had quickly stood from her seat and marched towards the door, her face as red as her hair and looked murderous.

She pulled the kitchen door, and much to her chagrin, the twins, Ron and Ginny were standing on the stairs bending their heads. Many of us were beginning to laugh at the sight of Mrs. Weasley shouting at her children for eavesdropping on the meeting and insisted that they were still young to hear about the Order's missions and main priority.

But what made the room fill with laughter was when Fred and George asked casually, yet cheekily what was the Order's main priority and Mrs. Weasley continued to scold the four of them. Mr. Weasley just sat on his seat, covering his red face and trying his best not to laugh very hard.

"Oh, Headmaster ... I'm very sorry to have you all hear that. Fred and George are the most difficult to handle out of the other five." Mrs. Weasley said, very embarassed and her face was turning red as well.

"There is no need to apologize. It's all right, Molly." Dumbledore said, raising his hand at Mrs. Weasley who sat next to her husband.

Everybody soon began to leave one by one, and one of the last to leave was Luke.

"Looks like you and Sirius are getting along very quickly." I remarked, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Sirius is a nice guy. Really. I don't even understand why Peter Pettigrew would betray him and his friends." said Luke, smiling.