26| Hermione

Days passed since Remus's birthday, and those days were the best of his life

Days passed since Remus's birthday, and those days were the best of his life. I saw him regularly, he took us on date nights which mostly took place in the forest. On weekends, I spent most of the time in his office, even bringing my textbooks to review for the upcoming exams.

Monica was also frequently visiting his office, accompanying me most of the time. She and Remus were becoming closer and closer.

I was in the library the other day, looking for a particular book that I'll be using for in Potions when a familiar figure caught my eye.

"Hello Hermione." I said, marching towards Hermione Granger who was seated near the tables, her nose stuck in the book that she was reading.

"Selene." she said, nodding her head as I sat on the desk.

"Don't you have any classes today?" I asked her.

"Oh, no. It's my free time. And I er – was looking for something important in this book." she replied, scanning through the pages of the book and flipping each page trying to find that important thing that she was looking for.

"There!" she exclaimed.

I took a look on the page.

"It's been a while since I read about Orbis. I need to do a bit of advance reading." she said, bewildered.
"Advance reading?" I asked her.
"Well, we don't learn about it 'til next week. For the meantime, I have to read in advance so that I could answer every answer that'll be asked the next lesson." she said firmly.

I nodded my head slowly. Hermione never failed to make me surprised with her charm and intelligence. My mind was blown away, everybody in school including myself wished that we were as smart and dilligent as Hermione. I kept thinking to myself that Hermione really should've been sorted into Ravenclaw.

I mean, she possesses almost every trait that the Ravenclaw House seeked.

But for some reason, I saw a bit of the Gryffindor spirit in her.

"Oh, then, I'll meet you at lunch in a few minutes." I said, as she waved goodbye to me before I left the library to go back to the common room.

I walked through the buzzing corridors of the castle, students walking through thr halls to go to their classes or go to their respective common rooms.

I then saw Ron and Harry, who had just finished their class. They seemed to be having an intense conversation, judging from the look on Harry's face and the way that Ron spoke and his hand gestures. I raised a brow and giggled quietly, wondering what they must be talking about.

"She's a fraud!" spat a familiar voice. My head shot up, and my eyebrows furrowed together in confusion. And there, I saw Hermione, walking with the two boys. Her  cheeks were tinged red and looked very annoyed.

Hold on, I thought to myself, didn't I just saw her in the library? This is... weird. Okay Selene, keep it calm. Keep it calm. You need to ask Hermione.

"Hi there guys." I greeted them with a smile as I approached them.
"Hello, Selene." they all greeted me.
"So, what are you guys talking 'bout?" I asked.

"Hermione's become really annoyed about Professor Trelawney and her Divination classes. She says she's a fraud." Ron explained.
"But she is Ronald!" Hermione yelled.

I laughed. "Well she is. That's the real reason why I didn't take Divination in my third year. Her lessons are pure bullshit I'll say," Hermione grinned as Ron and Harry exchanged looks. "Oh, and er Hermione mind if I talk with you? Just the two of us?"

Hermione nodded her head and sent Harry and Ron back to the common room, telling them that she'll follow them soon after. I pulled Hermione by the hand and lead us towards a desserted corridor, where no student walked through.

"Hermione, lemme ask you a question," I said. "Did you just- come from Divination class?"

"Obviously." Hermione said sarcastically.

"But, didn't I just see you in the library?" I asked, confused. "You said you were doing some advance reading."

"Don't be ridiculous, Selene. I- I was attending Divination class. How could I possibly be in the library in the same time?" she replied, but stuttered slightly. I raised my brow, sensing that there was something wrong.

"Hermione, what's going on? This has been going on since the first day. Ron's been telling me about it and it's getting weirder. Is there anything you're hiding that nobody else knows?"

She didn't say anything.

"C'mon, you can tell me anything."

Hermione sighed. "Alright, but just us." I nodded my head, and she showed the long golden necklace she was wearing, but it didn't look like a necklace at all, there was a tiny sparking hour-glass hanging from it.

"A time turner." I said in disbelief.

"Professor Mcgonagall gave it to me on our first day back. I've been using it all year to get to all my lessons." 

"You mean, going back in time?"

"Yes!" she laughed.

"So that's why."

"I swore that I wouldn't tell anyone. She had to write all sorts of letters to the Ministry so I could have one."

"Your secret's safe with me, Hermione." I whispered, grinning.

A/n: just a short chapter for today guys, gonna be a bit busy for a few days! But I hope you enjoy this one. Thoughts on this chapter so far? Suggestions?

Comment, vote, follow!

Love,

Jazl xxx