112| Everything

A/N : Hey everyone !! Srry if I kept you all waiting for this chapter,  I wasn't satisfied with some parts and kept revising/editing.

But moving on, here it is... enjoy the chapter x

One week of pure bliss and contentment had passed

One week of pure bliss and contentment had passed. Hope was now a week old, and Remus and I had fallen into the hustle and bustle of parenting life, Order meetings, and the pressure I was feeling from returning to my Auror training.

As Molly and Andromeda had said during my pregnancy days, raising a child was indeed not easy and took a lot of time and hard work to adjust to the new chapter of our lives. We couldn't get that much sleep or alone time, Hope needed most of our attention.

But despite it being more difficult than I expected, we loved our daughter more than anything in the world.

As Hope grew older day by day, the more lovable she got, and the more closer she became to us. Whenever either of us was holding her in our arms while we talked to her, she can't help but feel a sense of warmth and comfort as evident by the small noises she made and the happy expression on her face. Although
she wasn't fully smiling yet, Remus knew she adored our voices.

But obviously, Hope had grown closer to him.

It was all because she did much less trouble when she was in Remus' arms. She could sleep in his chest peacefully without waking up, but when I took her away, she would sometimes begin to cry after a few minutes of being separated from her father. So, she spent most nights, sleeping between us, while her little fist held on to his larger finger for comfort.

I was glad that the whole nine months' worth of sacrifice was finally over, my once large stomach was now shrinking, much to my relief, as I could be freer when it came to choosing my clothes. The maternity clothes I once wore were now stacked in my closet as I could now wear jeans and t-shirts (although I still wore a few dresses).

And surprisingly, Hope was already intelligent and advanced for her age; Remus and I both found that charming and touching.

"So, how is motherhood treating you?" Ana asked me one afternoon when she and Sirius visited the cottage for a three-day stay, as she stirred her cup of tea with a spoon by the kitchen counter.

"Fine, but I didn't expect this much crying though." I sighed, sinking unto the sofa.

"Oh don't worry, it's completely normal for babies." Ana assured.

"What?" I said, raising my two eyebrows. "Hope's completely fine, I was referring to Remus –"

I was cut off by the sudden and loud sob coming from upstairs as Ana and I both looked up in sync.

"Daddy loves you so much!"

"Oh."

I grinned at her slightly surprised look.