48| Training

The days turned into weeks and in turn, the weeks turned into months and soon enough, November had arrived

I had been training as an Auror for the Ministry for about three months now, and as the days passed, the training got harder and harder. Despite the intensity and a small voice in my mind saying that I should give up, I continued on to make sure I would fulfill my childhood dream.

I lay awake in my bed most nights, with my nose stuck in the pages of the Auror books. And I often didn't sleep early and stay up all night. Tonks sometimes helped me study, as she was now experienced and sometimes the complete silence of the house was broken by our laughter.

It sometimes reminded me of our childhood days when Tonks would do impersonations of every character in storybooks using her abilities as a Metamorphagus.

My contact with my friends were beginning to decrease a little.

Luke had become an Aurologist and was working in South Korea. Monica had bcome a Healer in St. Mungo's Hospital and Ollie was a reserve Keeper for the Quidditch team Puddlemere United.

Although all of us were busy with our new lives and rarely saw each other nowadays, we tried our best to remain in touch with each other.

And Harry Potter, my godnephew had gotten himself into – unexpected yet serious trouble.

The other day, Harry wrote to me, saying that he had been mysteriously chosen by the Goblet of Fire as the Fourth Champion in the Triwizard Tournament, which was being hosted in Hogwarts.

As much as everyone else, I was shocked and confused how Harry managed to end up being chosen, despite the fact that he did not put his name on the cup and there was an age restriction for those willing to participate.

Hermione had been writing to me as well, and I've heard that Ron and Harry had gotten into an arguement, and stopped talking and seeing to each other for several days.

As I've heard from Fred and George, the First Task of the Tournament will be held on the 24th of November. And sadly, I wouldn't be able to watch because of training.

It was in the middle of the night when I wrote back to the twins.

Dear Fred and George,

Harry told me everything that had happened. And as much as I want to, but, I can't go to see the First Task next Thursday. I've been really busy with my training and I hope you two understand.

Write to me after the task and keep an update on Harry, please.

Say goodluck to Harry for me!

Selene xxx

I was duelling with Tonks for what must've been the hundredth time in three months. Tonks was a really good mentor, she wasn't as stiff and strict as Robards but had to maintain her composure as a higher ranking person than me and a mentor. There were also a few Aurors loitering around in the training room, some I had already gotten to know already and some whose names I still had to remember.