10| Opinion

"Selene Artemis Black

"Selene Artemis Black. Where the hell have you been?!"

I was met with Monica's stern and motherly voice once I entered our dormitory. I had just returned from the Hospital Wing and my visit with Remus.

Monica was standing across the room, her arms crossed as her eyes gave me a wary and apprehensive look. "M-Monica," I said nervously as I stuttered. "You're still up, eh?"

"Of course I am," Monica said sarcastically. "It's literally half an hour since you left the Great Hall. Selene, where were you. You know that there's a killer – I mean, your brother or or whatever – on the loose and you know it's very dangerous. He could be anywhere in this castle. So tell me, where were you?"

I shrugged Monica's question and headed to the bathroom to take a quick shower. I was too embarrassed to tell her that I visited Remus in the Hospital Wing while they all ate dinner in the Great Hall, she'll suspect something strange. Well that was Monica, who was like the mother of our group of friends and of course, like any mother would, she'd suspect right away and begin asking questions. And if you told her a lie and if you kept secrets from her, she can see it through your eyes that there was something wrong.

Shit. I hated lying to her. She'd been my friend for seven whole years, and whenever I told her the truth it actually made me feel better. But still, I can't let her know that I visited Remus not only once, but twice. I insisted to myself that I'll keep the whole visit in the infirmary thing for myself. And there was one major thing that I couldn't tell her, or anyone in the castle.

Remus's secret on his condition.

Once I went out of the bathroom, my hair was messy and still wet from the shower and the hems of my shirt were wet too.

"Please, Selene. There's something wrong, I know there is. Just tell me, I'm right here just tell me." Monica implored, her hands grasping the sleeves of my shirt as the two of us sat down on the soft mattress of my bed.

I looked at her, unsure and then finally said. "I-I was at the – courtyard. Trying to get some fresh air, that's all."

At first, there was an uncertain glint in her dark brown eyes. But as soon as I smiled, trying to hide my secret, she just shrugged. Monica then began rambling on how stupid she was for panicking on my whereabouts. After I calmed her down, she slid on her bed and eventually fell asleep.

I would have slept gladly if it weren't for Monica's soft and gentle breathing, but then I suddenly realized that my essay wasn't finished my essay yet. I got up from my bed and proceeded to my working table to finish it. It was then I realized that I was at the conclusion of my paper – my opinion on werewolves to be exact.