44| Ghost

Days turned to weeks

Days turned to weeks. It was nice being back home, seeing my little family all complete and well was enough to make me feel happy and grateful. The weeks got easier, much more easier, honestly.

My crying soon ceased, much to Andy's relief, laughed a lot more and enjoyed the bustle and company of my family. I visited the Burrow for a week, spending a lot of time with the twins, since they knew how to make me laugh and smile.

Mrs. Weasley always spoke to me and always ask how I was doing, to which I constantly replied that I was feeling better and better.

It was Monica's birthday the other day, so all of our friends including the Weasleys gathered at her house to celebrate her 18th birthday.

Monica and Luke broke up recently, much to my shock but fortunately enough, they remained close and good friends.

Everything seemed to be returning to their proper place, I looked and felt as though nothing ever happened.

But although I overcame my grief, I still missed him. I still missed Remus. I could still smell the scent of old books, chocolate, and cinnamon. I could still feel his touch, his embrace, his kiss. It felt like he was still by my side.

I wondered, was there even a probability that the two of us could see each other again. Even just for a minute. And if there was, would I be able to reconcile with him, after everything I've been through?

But one thing was certain, I wasn't ready to meet him again if ever I got the chance.

"Kingsley is coming for dinner tonight, Selene, if I'm not mistaken you haven't seen him for months?" Mr. Weasley asked, across the table, sipping a cup of tea one afternoon. Ted, Andy, Tonks and I decided to stay for a Burrow for a while.

"Oh, yes, yes. It's been a while. I can't wait, Mr. Weasley." I beamed, squealing excitedly.

Kingsley was a close friend of our family, he worked in the Ministry as an Auror along with Tonks and he usually payed us visits throughout my childhood, so he was like an uncle figure to me and we were very close. I hadn't seen him since August 1993, when he celebrated my birthday.

My birthday was coming in a few days. I was turning 19.

A vivid memory suddenly flashed in my mind. I sat on the desk of Remus's office, as he graded the third years' essays on Boggarts. We were getting to know each other at that time, and when I told him the date of my birthday, he promised that he would be there to celebrate my 19th birthday.

But, now that there were only a few days left – he never will come.

I felt the familiar stinging pain in my chest as I recalled the memory. That feeling remained there whenever I thought about him but tears never came. I had learned to control myself as the days passed but the only time they would come, was when I was alone.