55| Reunion

"Hello, pup

"Hello, pup. How was recruiting?" came Sirius's voice from the kitchen.

"Exhausting," I replied bluntly, heading to the kitchen as I heard Sirius letting out a laugh. "Yet worth it. Luke's in the Order now."

I bent over to give Sirius a quick kiss on the check before sitting on the chair opposite him to study.

"What lesson are you reading today?" Sirius asked, his eyes never leaving the newspaper that he was reading with focus, which surprised me a bit.

"Still Concealment and Disguise. You know, Tonks got top marks in this course thanks to her Metamorphmagus abilities." I said to him. I heard the rustling of the newspaper he was reading and the sound of it being placed on the table, as Sirius stood behind my chair looking at the book with utter amusement.

"I'll help you study if you'd like. After all, I am the world's greatest turor." Sirius said, in an exaggerated tone and feigned to be proud by boldy placing his hand on the area of his chest where his heart was located and I let out a giggle.

"That is certainly false, Kreacher knows perfectly well that Master Black was not even a good role model to his younger brother." Kreacher grumbled, dusting the portraits in the hallway.

Sirius and I glared at him at the same time.

"Continue the cleaning Kreacher or I will use the torture curse on you." Sirius huffed as Kreacher grumbled something under his breath and proceeded to dust the other portraits in the hallway.

"Never mind him. Let's see, what do we have here." Sirius muttered, and sitted beside me, grabbing the book that I was reading and flipping the pages in a sort of professional manner which reminded me of Hermione.

We spent the following hours in the kitchen, howling with intense laughter as Sirius read the book with his comical and best impression of Mad-Eye Moody. His impressions were slightly interrupted by Mother's portrait's usual screaming but shrugged it off and continued on with our antics.

"OH MY GOD!! Stop it, Sirius my stomach is fucking hurting!" I cried with laughter and clutching to my stomach.

"Oh, Selene –" Sirius chuckled breathlessly. "I- I can't – stop – HAHAHAHAHA!!"

I further howled with laughter, thumping my brother's back, as he let out a big typical dad laugh and he was beginning to pound the table very hardly with his fist.

Kreacher was glaring at the two of us warningly but we ignored him.

As we continued on with our laughter, Kreacher was crossing his two arms and the other portraits of our family members along the hallway were glaring at us dangerously, and the other portraits were muttering about us which made us both shut up almost immediately.

"Oh, that was fun. I hadn't had that much in almost two years." Sirius grinned, wiping the happy tears in his eyes and stood from his seat to check if the stew was ready to eat.