42| Last Hurrah

My heartbreak were turbulent seas of sorrow, I felt as though I was in the midst of a vast ocean, waves crashing down on me and the current pulling me under

My heartbreak were turbulent seas of sorrow, I felt as though I was in the midst of a vast ocean, waves crashing down on me and the current pulling me under. And I was drowning in a torrential current of grief and depression as I tried my best to push my head up to the surface.

What was whole once was now shattered into a thousand pieces; what was peace was now turmoil and the strong belief I once possessed of the existence of love had vanished away.

I refused to smile. I even refused to eat.

I felt as though I had received the Dementor's kiss. Everything was cold, as if all the color drained away from life.

Fred and George had spent half of the day trying to convince me to eat anything. Even just a small bite.

But I didn't want to. At all.

They tried their best to make me laugh as well. But then again, it didn't work.

It had been a day since Remus left. And during the night, I was being plagued by nightmares everytime I got up and fell asleep. The same dream. A dark shadow of a familiar figure leaving and spitting vindictive words at me, leaving me alone in a dark atmosphere.

At around 3:00 in the morning, Monica, my other dorm mates and Luke and Ollie had rushed at my bedside after I awoke from probably the third nightmare in a row.

I was screaming in my sleep. Agonizing, pain filled screams. Monica was of course the first to comfort me, her chin resting on my head, stroking my back repeatedly as I sobbed into her shoulder.

And ever since he left, it had taken a toll on me. His harsh, enduring words replaying in my mind nonstop. I could still hear the two of us fighting, crystal clear; and I felt like I was being hit by the Cruciatus Curse.

That feeling suddenly bringing back memories as a child.

Painful ones.

Whenever I disappointed my parents, Mother would drag me to the hallway of Grimmauld Place and torture me with that curse.

I could still clearly remember the pain of being hit by one of the Unforgivable Curses. And up until now, I had not forgotten the pain.

"You sure you don't want to eat anything?" Luke asked for what must've been the millionth time during lunch.

"Besides you need energy for tonight. The last night of our lives here as students to get drunk." Ollie suggested, smiling.