45| 19th

I was awoken by the sound of the harmonious chirping of birds outside my window that was left open during the night

I was awoken by the sound of the harmonious chirping of birds outside my window that was left open during the night. Rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, I groggily stood from my bed and shut the window.

After fixing myself up, I headed downstairs to have breakfast. To my confusion, the lights were all off. Whenver the lights were off in Andy's house, it was so dark you literally couldn't see anything but black.

Which was weird.

Before I could even pull out my wand out of the pocket of my pajamas and mutter Lumos the light had suddenly returned.

"Happy Birthday Selene!"

The chorus of my family standing in the kitchen together was sufficiently loud to startle me, my two hands on my heart.

I looked at them with slight confusion, then checked the calendar hanging on the wall, next to the many picture frames that hung there.

August 4.

I was l nineteen. As cliche as it sounds, I had forgotten that today was my day. Today was my birthday. Tonks was looming toward me, attacking me with a tight embrace.

"Happy Birthday!" she giggled, patting my back and flinging a birthday card at me.

"Thanks." I said, smiling at her small yet simple birthday present.

"Give way for the birthday witch, Nymphado –" Andy announced brightly, making her way toward me and flicking Tonks' arm.

"Don't call me Nymphadora, Mum!" Tonks groaned, folding her arms as her hair turned into a fiery shade of red before returning to its normal color. "How many times do I have to say that?" she muttered under her breath, which caused me to chuckle as confetti suddenly rained down around me – probably from Andy and Ted's wands.

"Guys, you didn't have to do." I giggled, blushing slightly as Ted came to embrace me and give me a kiss along with Andy.

"C'mon! And forget your birthday? No way!" Ted laughed, as Andy began tearing up slightly, wiping her small tears with a tissue proclaiming that it seemed like her cousin arrived at their doorstep yesterday, which touched me.

"So, what does it feel like to be nineteen?" Andy sniffed.

"Nothin'. Feels the same, but feels like there will be more milestones to come." I replied, smiling.

Andy prepared a quick breakfast, knowing
that I didn't really like to eat a birthday breakfast rather than a bowl of scrumptious porridge and pancakes with strawberry syrup with berries on top.

The actual party will be set during the late afternoon, and all our close friends were invited. So, I had locked myself in my room as Andy, Ted and Tonks decorated the garden, with a few balloons and lanterns. A long table sat across the garden, with plates and glasses set.