60| The Advance Guard

I felt my eyes opening slowly, my ears attacked by the muffled buzzing sounds coming from the kitchen

I felt my eyes opening slowly, my ears attacked by the muffled buzzing sounds coming from the kitchen. My eyes wandered the room, and I heard the sound of soft breathing fanning the back of my neck.

Carefully turning around, Remus was fast asleep, holding me close against him and his arms wrapped against my chest; the two of us leaning against the ancient Black Family tapestry, memories flooding back in my mind as I smiled.

I checked his wristwatch. Quarter to 6:00.

I placed a kiss on his lips to wake him up, he let out a small tired groan and pulled me closer to him. I felt his eyelashes lifting and tickling my nape.

"Better get up now, the meeting's about to start." I mumbled, my hand pressing his soft cheek as I felt him smile against my neck.

"How come I never noticed you wore the locket?" he asked, his hands finding the locket that I wore around my neck. The locket that he gave to me as a Christmas present, the locket that I always wore during my final months at Hogwarts and the one I wore every time I visited his office. "I thought I snapped it on the night of the – incident."

"Oh ... Monica patched it up and gave it to me. I hadn't worn it for many months." I said softly, I felt his soft lips kissing my cheek and I quickly escaped his embrace and stood.

"Come on, before Kreacher finds us here." I laughed, Remus sat there for a moment beaming and finally stood. His two fingers touched my chin and brought my lips to his.

"I love you." he whispered.

"I love you more, darling." I said.

We went out of the room, hand in hand. The noises coming from the kitchen got louder and louder as we went down to the first floor. Everyone was now present for the Order meeting.

As usual, sitted at the long dining table were Ron, Hermione, the twins, Ginny, Tonks, Luke, Ana, Sirius and the rest of the Order.

Tonks was again impressing Ginny and transforming her face into different and comical forms, making the fourteen-year-old laugh giddily as well as Ana. Mundungus Fletcher was having a conversation with Sirius and Ana while drinking a glass od firewhiskey.

Mundungus was another member of the Order. He always looked so hungover but was actually a pretty nice person.

And the twins were having a hearty conversation with Luke who was laughing heartily.

"Hello birthday girl- wait are you holding hands with Remus?!" Sirius greeted then the tone of his voice suddenly rose, when he spotted me and Remus.

The bustle of the kitchen abruptly stopped when Sirius spotted the two of us. All of them were looking at us with wide eyes and priceless expressions.

I looked at Remus with a bit of worry, but looking at his very determined eyes made all the worry wash away.

It was time to tell everyone.