105| A Nostalgic Place

"You sure you aren't hungry, sis? You've been in bed the whole morning

"You sure you aren't hungry, sis? You've been in bed the whole morning."

It had been almost a month since Remus had left for his Order mission, and unfortunately, due to strict rules, our communication was briefly terminated. Which made it more painful, as I couldn't know if he was alright and safe.

I prayed every single night that he was safe and sound, wherever he was right now.

"I'm fine, Sirius." I muttered in a low whisper, my head propped against my shoulder as the other was resting on my stomach.

"Well if you say so." Sirius sighed heavily and shut the door.

I heard myself groan quietly, feeling the baby kick inside me, stronger than usual.

She's probably missing her father, so badly

Carefully adjusting into a more comfortable position so I was laying on my back, I just looked down on my stomach, watching her little kicks.

"I know, I miss him too." I mumbled, my finger gently rubbing small circles on where I felt her move. I just lay there for the rest of the day, talking to her and caressing my stomach to calm her down.

That was until I heard a tap on the window and the faint, impatient squawking of an owl. I reluctantly stood from the bed's comfort and opened the window for it to enter. He gave me a small, white envelope with a green seal.
Was it Remus? Was he finally able to talk to me?

But when I opened the letter, my excitement dropped a bit when I realized that it was from someone that I wasn't really expecting.

Hello, Selene.

It's been a while since we last saw each other.

If you're free today, mind if you take a walk with me?

It's not that far, I promise

See you! I'm arriving at your cottage at two o'clock sharp

Yours truly,

Charles Dumbledore

Indeed, not what I was expecting.

I hadn't seen or heard about Charles for months,
a walk with him must be nice. Realizing it was 20 minutes before 2:00, I fixed myself before going downstairs for a few snacks, Sirius was sitting on the couch whilst Ana lay on his lap, book in her hand.

"I guess you finally decided to eat." Sirius chuckled, looking at me.
"Maybe," I said, heading to the dinner table and grabbing three or four pieces of treacle tart. "I'm going out for a walk."

"A walk? With who?"

"Charles." I replied quickly.

Sirius thought for a while.