57| Anastasia Dolohov

I was awoken by the faint sound of an instrument – a piano (to be exact), playing

I was awoken by the faint sound of an instrument – a piano (to be exact), playing. Groggily leaving the comfort of the bed, I checked the clock.

4:00 AM

Who would be up at this hour playing the piano?

I wasn't sure, yet I slid from my bed, very curious to discover who had unintentionally awoken me from my sleep with the beautiful tune; I slipped on my silk night robe and quietly left my room. The sun had not risen yet, but the sky was getting less and less light than before, the twinkling light of the stars shining through the gap of the dark curtains of Number 12 Grimmauld Place, bringing a shimmer of light in the dark hallways.

The piano was located in the guest living room which was downstairs and two rooms away from the kitchen.

Grimmauld Place was quiet, and everybody was still asleep, including the portraits of my ancestors. The only sound that broke the silence of the house were the snores coming from the rooms of the Weasley children and Sirius's room.

And when I got closer to the guest living room, the melody got louder and louder. The door was closed, and I pressed my ear against it, and I could hear a low voice humming and slowly opened the doorknob.

To my surprise, Remus was the playing the tune. He didn't seem to see that I was entering the room, and was too preoccupied with the piano. Slowly placing my hand on his shoulder, his head snapped up and immediately stopped playing.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." he said with a wince.

"Oh, no no," I said briskly and sat next to him. "I didn't know you could play."

He chuckled. "My dad taught me when I was 10."

"I see. What were you playing?" I mused, my head falling into his shoulder.

"Fur Elise. It was my mother's favorite," he said, his eyes fixed on the piano. "Ah, I know."

He was caressing the knuckles of his hands and then began to play a slow, beautiful tune. It took me a few monents to realize that it was 'Andante, Andante', the song that played during the winter ball in Hogwarts. The first song we danced to. I heard myself humming quietly to the tune, and closed my eyes, smiling as I recalled that very fond memory. I felt my arms tiredly wrapping around him, my head never leaving his shoulder.

Once the song ended, I heard slow clapping from the door. Remus and I quickly turned our heads and realized that it was Ginny, Remus quickly stopped playing.

"Oh Ginny, I'm terribly sorry. Go back to bed before your mother sees you and thinks I woke you up and begins to yell at me." Remus said quickly, standing up.

Ginny waved her hand in the air.

"It's ok. Oh, good morning Selene." she said gently, noticing me.