Epilogue

EPILOGUE: TEN YEARS LATER

Autumn seemed to arrive suddenly that year.
The morning of the first of September was crisp as an apple at the Lupin's cottage in Surrey.

Remus strolled through the hallway, a smile on his face as he looked at the many of his family's photographs hanging on the wall, the happy people in the frames laughing and waving at him.

He looked very much as he did, ten years ago, though even more handsome, glowing with the aura of parenthood. Despite his greying hair, it has become darker, and the premature creases seemed to have been fading away.

"Do you really have to go again?"

He looked down, to see his youngest child and daughter, Isabelle tugging the fabric of his pants to catch his attention.

He chuckled softly and knelt down to look at her. "I'm sorry, love, but I have to. And the best part is..." he said with a soft smile, picking her up which made her squeal. "Hope's finally going to school so I won't be all by myself."

Isabelle giggled. "When can I go to Hogwarts?"

"When you get your letter. Don't worry, you still have a few more years to go, and the good thing is you can stay with your Mum so she won't be alone and have a bit of company."

The little girl nodded slowly in understanding but smiled again when Remus gave her a quick kiss on her hair and put her down, playing with her chocolate brown curls.

"Oh, where is your Mum?"

"In the living room." she replied with a giggle.

"Darling!" Remus called through the hallway. "We're going to be late!"

"Oh, relax, we still have an hour before eleven!" came Selene's voice, as she came into the room, her hands fiddling with her diamond earrings.

Her curly locks were tied up in a bun, a style that she put up on special occasions and that he loved greatly. Like him, she looked more gorgeous as ever, even though the past ten years had bore them two more children.