21| Hurt

I found myself standing outside the sleeping chambers of the Defence Against the Dark Arts office, biting my lip nervously as I pressed my ear against the hardwood door hearing nothing but a deafening silence

"Remus." I said.

I knocked on the door of his sleeping chambers.

No reply.

I sighed in discomfort. "Remus, please let me in. I know you're there." I mumbled, hopelessly waiting for an answer.

It was the evening of the 28th day of January, a day after a full moon. And nobody has seen him lately. I spent the whole day, thinking about Remus.

Was he okay? Was he badly injured? I sure hoped that nothing bad happened to him. But still, my mind was centered around Remus, instead of the lessons my teachers were discussing.

"Please," I moaned desperately. "You know we could always talk. I'm right here for you, whenever you need me."

"Come in."

I jerked my ear which was still pressed against the door and fixed my oversized wooly jumper. Slowly turning the doorknob, the door of his sleeping chamber had opened at a sluggish rate. I wasn't mentally prepared to see what my eyes had met once I entered.

Remus was standing near his bed, his chest was bare and was gripping tightly on the corner of the headboard, his back crooked and was groaning in pain.

All I saw was red.

Blood was slowly trickling down colossally from the thick gashes that were sliced upon his skin which ran from his abdomen and across his chest to his arms. Bloodred droplets stained his pants in the silence that had shrouded.

My jaw clenched and immediately walked towards him, his sobs of agony becoming louder and louder as I got closer. I stroked his back, hoping to comfort him.
"Remus –" I mumbled shakingly but was suddenly interrupted.

"I feel so useless." he cried, trying to straighten his posture but groaned in further pain. "You're not useless, Remus." I insisted, grabbing his bruised cheek and kissing it. I supported him as he carefully crawled into his bed and laid down, releasing a severe sigh.

"I'll be back in a few minutes." I whispered to him, holding his hands tightly before leaving his room and back to his office.

I managed to find the box of bandages, and other supplies in the lowest drawer of his desk and finding an essence of Dittany. Perfect, I thought to myself, remembering that we tackled Dittany and its usage in Potions in third-year.