35| Mission Slightly Failed

The last day of the school year was around the corner

The last day of the school year was around the corner. Also our graduation.

I haven't seen Remus for days. Even after the recent full moon, we didn't meet because we've been busy recently. But we did communicate with each other sometimes through letters. But still, it wasn't the same.

I missed him terribly.

Knowing that the chance to meet him after I leave Hogwarts seemed highly improbable. And what worried me the most was the slight probability that he would still be the Defence Against the Dark Arts professor.

Which caused me to recall that there hasn't been a teacher in Defence that lasted more than one year, because of the rumor that the position for the job was jinxed.

Still I tried to stop thinking about that negative thought and stop that dreaded feeling.

Sirius has been planning this day for twelve long years and now, he will get his happily ever after. We sure hoped that his plan will work out.

I spent the whole day trying to get into Hagrid's Hut. But to be honest, I was quite hesitant to barge in a teacher's hut. But I knew that this was for Sirius.

Today was Buckbeak's execution as I heard from Harry, Ron and Hermione. And everytime I attempted to enter the hut, Buckbeak glanced at me and made weird sounds that felt as though he was trying to tell me to free him.

I couldn't help but feel bad for him.

Such a poor and innocent creature. Misjudged. Malfoy and his father had no right to sentence Buckbeak to death. He only hurt that Malfoy git because the latter had provoked him during their first Care of Magical Creatures lesson.

I waited in the forest for Hagrid to leave his hut half of the afternoon. But he didn't leave.

I was getting more and more frustrated. But I wasn't frustrated at Hagrid, I was frustrated at myself. A part of me kept whispering in my ear that the plan would totally fail and we wouldn't catch Scabbers — or, Pettigrew and my high hopes were beginning to disappear very rapidly.

I sighed in relief as I spotted Hagrid left the Hut and seemed that he won't be back
in a few minutes. I grinned very brightly and I leaped from the leafy ground and the sky was getting a bit dark, the sun was beginning to set as well.

Buckbeak squawked as I made my way to the Hut but I completely ignored him. I didn't care. All that mattered was that I would catch Pettigrew and my brother would finally receive the justice he, and Harry's parents longed for years.