67| Caught In The Act

It was late in the night, I only left Remus for less than an hour

It was late in the night, I only left Remus for less than an hour. I couldn't bear myself leaving him while he's sick, I wanted to be near him.

Be with him.

I knew that he wanted to be with me, although he kept protesting that he would be completely fine even if I leave him just to rest, but I insisted that I wouldn't close my eyes and I would watch over him until tomorrow morning.

He was already fast asleep, snuggled under the blanket with the towel placed on his red forehead, breathing gently and his arm wrapped around me.

But although I promised I would not doze off, but the complete silence of the room was luring me to sleep. I shook my head about a couple of times, but I could feel that my eyelids were getting heavier and heavier, my body no longer had the strength to stay up, and I felt my eyes closing slowly, and slowly until I had fallen asleep.

The sun, hot on the exposed skin of my arms woke me up the next morning. Slowly rising from the soft mattress, I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion as my eyes wandered around.

I was back at my room.

I was a hundred percent certain that I had fallen asleep at Remus's room last night. Then, I felt my fingers touching something smooth, it was a small piece of paper. The top of it was adressed to Ms. Black.

You dozed off last night, I had to carry you all the way to your room in the middle of the night so you could feel more comfortable.

And did I mention how adorable you are when you sleep?

Good morning my darling x

I smiled to myself, and read the note over and over again.

"You are one charming man, Remus John Lupin." I mused, still smiling to myself, placing the note on the left side where my heart was and sighed softly before throwing my blanket aside and headed to his room.

There he was, still snuggled under the covers and sleeping soundly with a tired face. Walking slowly over to him, I placed my hand over his forehead, to my relief his temperature had decreased.

"My Remus." I mumbled gently, brushing his brown curls aside as he snuffled softly, tugging the blanket over him even tighter.
I stayed with him for a few more minutes, as he still slept peacefully, nothing seemed to wake him up and the only sign of life was his gentle breathing.

"I'll be back later." I said to his ear, kissing his forehead before heading downstairs for breakfast.

The smell of eggs and toast filled my nose as I got closer to the kitchen. I expected to see Sirius, at his seat as usual reading a new copy of the Daily Prophet and sipping a cup of coffee alone. But as I pushed the door open, I found my eyes flying wide as I saw Ana sitted on Sirius's lap as the latter gave her a small, quick kiss on her cheek.