73| Strained

Remus's father, Lyall stayed with us for dinner

Remus's father, Lyall stayed with us for dinner. Obviously the Order was very pleased to have him in Grimmauld Place, and it was a pleasure for the new and young members to meet him.

Lyall stated that he was an ally for the Order during the First Wizarding War and saw no reason to not become one again now that Voldemort had returned.

But the only person who didn't seem happy by his arrival was Remus.

Which was odd.

He seemed as though his father did something wrong to him. And everytime I got the chance to look at him, I saw that he was looking at Lyall with utmost annoyance, especially when his father spoke.

Just as everyone was about to finish their dinner, he coolly stood from his seat which shocked everyone.

"Hey, Moony. What's the matter?" Sirius asked, Remus turned around, his face was scarlet.

"Nothing." he muttered bitterly.

"Oh, there is something wrong, son. I know it by your face, look at yourself —" said Lyall.

"I said there's nothing wrong! Why do you even get yourself involved here, Dad?! You know perfectly well that I'm a grown man, I have my own priorities and you have your own! I'm going to bed." he yelled at his dad, which caused the room to be silent as everyone watched him slam the door very hard. I shook my head at his actions, and then I could see Lyall sighing deeply.

Sirius exchanged looks with Ana, and I looked at Lyall with utmost sympathy, knowing that he was obviously hurt by Remus's words.

Once everyone was finished and the Order meeting had finally ended, Lyall Lupin was among those who were the last to leave along with Luke, Tonks, Emmeline Vance, Mad-Eye and Kingsley.

"Thank you, Sirius." Lyall shook hands with Sirius.

"Anytime, sir." Sirius smiled as Lyall gave him a fatherly hug.

"I'm really sorry about Remus," I apologized, looking at him. "He's sometimes not in the mood, but don't worry, tomorrow you'll be seeing him with the brightest smile on his face."

Lyall chuckled softly. "I'd love to see that smile, but unfortunately, this will be the last time I'm going here."

"W-why?"

"Well, it's obvious that my son doesn't want me here, and I respect his choices. Just like he said, he has his own priorities and I have my own." he said sadly.