119| Regulus Arcturus Black

A/N: Hey everyone! I'm so glad how this chapter finally turned out. So excited for the next ones to come.

Sit back and enjoy >:)

I couldn't believe what I had gotten myself into

One moment before, I was standing by the entrance door of the house, and the next moment, I was standing in front of Number 12 Grimmauld Place with Sirius by my side.

He gave me an encouraging nod, and so we slowly opened the door of our childhood home, wands at the ready.

We cautiously looked inside, but not a single sound was heard, drowning the house with an eerie silence.

But just then, a figure jumped in front of us, her wand raised, and was about to curse us –

"Whoa, whoa, kiddo! Wait, it's us! It's us!" Sirius exclaimed, hands raised defensively.

Hermione lowered her wand and sighed a breath of relief. "Oh, thank goodness. Harry! Ron! Come down here!"

A few moments later, Harry and Ron arrived from upstairs. Harry was caught off guard when he saw Sirius and ran forward to hug him tightly.
Smiling, the latter wrapped his arms around his godson tightly.

After a few conversations, we made our way down into the kitchen and sat down.

"It's a good thing you're all OK," I said.

"Look, I know Dumbledore told you three not to tell anyone about this mission of yours," Sirius started calmly. "But... you know you can count on me and my sister over here. If there's anything we can do –"

"Um... actually," Harry interrupted, now looking at Sirius and me. "There is something you two can help us with."

Sirius and I exchanged looks, and then the trio told us all about Horcruxes, the mission that Dumbledore had set them.

They mentioned Slytherin's locket, and how the one that Harry and Dumbledore had found last year in Tom Riddle's cave was a fake. The fake locket had a note in it, from a certain R.A.B, which said that he had stolen the real Horcrux and intended to destroy it.

"R.A.B?" my voice becoming more hollow and shaky, looking at Sirius. "No, that's impossible — R.A.B is –"

"Your brother, Regulus," Ron nodded. "We figured that out when we arrived here. Saw his name on his bedroom door."

Sirius stood up from his seat, his eyes falling on the three of them, and finally spoke. "Are you saying, that our brother, Regulus Arcturus Black, stole the real Horcrux?"

Harry nodded. "Yes. And Kreacher might know where it is now. But the thing is, he won't answer to our summons. Here's currently at Hogwarts. So, we thought that you are the only one who can call him here, Sirius."