39| The Full Moon

"You're the only person who has the right to decide, Harry," said Sirius

"You're the only person who has the right to decide, Harry," said Sirius. "But think ... think what he did ..."

"He can go to Azkaban," Harry repeated. "If anyone deserves that place, he does ..."

Pettigrew was still wheezing behind Harry.

"Very well," said Remus. "Stand aside, Harry."

Harry hesitated.

"I'm going to tie him up," said Remus. "That's all, I swear."

Harry immediately stepped out of the way. Thin cords shot from Remus's wand this time, and the next moment, Pettigrew was wriggling on the floor, bound and gagged.

"But if you transform, Peter," Sirius growled, his own wand pointing at Pettigrew, too. "We will kill you. You agree, Harry?"

Harry looked down at the pitiful figure on the floor, and nodded so that Pettigrew could see him.

"I'll keep him guard. So that if he ever he moves, I will kill him." I said boldly, grabbing the ropes that bounded Pettigrew and pointed my wand at his throat which caused him to flinch.

"Right," said Remus, suddenly sounding very business-like. "Ron, I can't mend bones nearly as well as Madam Pomfrey, so I think it's best if we just strap your leg up until we can get you to the hospital wing."

Remus hurried over to Ron, bent down, tapped Ron's leg with his wand and muttered, 'Ferula.'

Bandages whirled around Ron's leg, binding it tightly to a splint. Remus helped him to his feet; Ron put his weight gingerly on the leg and didn't wince.

"That's better. Thanks." said Ron gratefully.

"What about Professor Snape?" said Hermione in a small voice, looking down at Snape's prone figure.

"There's nothing seriously wrong with him," Remus replied, bending over Snape and checking his pulse. "You were just a little – over-enthusiastic. Still out cold. Er – perhaps it will be best if we don't revive him until we're safely back in the castle. We can take him like this ..."

He muttered, 'Mobilicorpus.' And invisible strings were tied to Snape's wrists, neck and knees, he was pulled into a standing posture, head still reclining unpleasantly, like a grotesque puppet. He hung a few inches above the ground, his limp feet dangling.

Remus picked up the Invisibility Cloak and tucked it safely into his pocket.

"One more person should be chained to this," said Sirius, looking at me and nudging Pettigrew with his toe. "Just to make sure."