111| Welcome To The Family

A/N : Hello hello lovelies- going back to my old random updating schedule. Why? 'Cause I can't seem to decide on a specific day :>

Your votes and comments motivate me a LOT.
Hope you enjoy this one, have fun !!

The morning sun, hot on my skin, woke me up at last

The morning sun, hot on my skin, woke me up at last. Late morning, maybe afternoon, I wasn't sure.

Everything besides the time was clear, though; I knew exactly where I was — the bright room with the big white bed, brilliant sunlight streaming through the open curtains.

As I rubbed the socket of my tired eyes, I heard a small sneeze that caught my attention almost immediately.

Slowly looking over at my shoulder, I saw Hope in her father's arms and sneezed again. Remus chuckled at her adorable manner, carefully wiping her nose with the blanket she wrapped in and rocking her gently whilst humming.

I still had not come over the fact that our daughter was finally here, after spending nine months inside my womb. It just made my heart flutter.

"Oh, look Hope, your mummy's awake." he whispered excitedly, finally seeing that I had woken up.

"Good morning, little girl. Slept well?" I said, kissing the top of her head softly and tucked closer to him, as I held on to her little finger.

"Yeah she did," Remus' lips kissed my temple before we gazed back to our baby in his arms. "She woke up ten, fifteen minutes ago."

"How about you? Did you sleep?" I muttered, looking at his tired-looking eyes with questioning eyebrows.

"For two hours, I couldn't take my eyes off her and waited for you two to wake up," he sighed, tucking Hope more comfortably. "You hungry, darling? Noon is in a few minutes, I'll make you lunch."

"Yes, but I want to stay here with her for a while."

Thirty minutes or so, I ate while in bed, as I couldn't stand up properly that much. The whole labor that took about two hours starved me to death but I was feeling alright. I kept jerking my head at Hope every minute, checking if she was still by my side; a smile on my lips as I did so.

We spent the first few hours of the afternoon in bed with Hope. She was back in Remus' arms after I fed her, and was sleeping so soundly, her fingers fluttering and a small grimace was on her face that resembled a smile as she dreamt.

"Sirius, calm down, will you? You act like a five-year-old boy!"

"I won't! I've waited nine months for this and she's my first niece and it's time for me to be a responsible and the best uncle ever to her. Where is she? Show me the newest addition to the family!"

It was then that the door of the bedroom slowly opened after we heard a gentle knock, and Ana was peeking her head inside.

"Can we come in?" Ana asked in a hushed voice, her smile wider than ever. "Someone over here wants to meet his niece."