Chapter 51

*not edited*
JAKE
"I fucking hate you!" I barked through gritted teeth.

"Man, just take it easy!" Jason said as he backed away from me.

"Take it easy? Take it easy?" I yelled as I marched up to him as he cowardly backed away into the wall.

"You made me lose the best part of me, and you're telling me to take it easy!" I yelled as I smashed the lamp on the end table.

"You said yes to the dare, Jake!" He pushed past me walking towards the broken lamp.

"I fell in love with her!"

"Well, shit. We didn't expect you would." He said and silence fell over us.

"How the fuck couldn't i fall in love with her? She's beautiful. When she would smile, she had these cute dimples that would appear on her cheeks. Her beautiful brown hair fell on her shoulders perfectly. She had this skater, yet cute style, I loved everything about her! I'm crazy about her. And now, I lost her. And I might never get her back." I dropped onto the couch. I lost the best part of me, I lost Michelle.

SHELLY
"No way you cheated!" I stated.

"Did not! You simply miscalculated the speed of the ball and moved your hand too fast. I won. You lost!" Selena said as she placed the paddle down and walked inside.

"Don't get all scientific with me! I demand a rematch!" Selena shut the refrigerator door holding two waters. She handed me one and opened her's to take a sip.

"Shel, we played 15 times. I'm tired." Selena said as she walked out into the screened-in porch. I quickly followed behind.

"Fine, fine you win." I laughed as I looked off at the mountains as the sun started to set behind them.

The birds chirping started to die down as the sky went from a bright orange down to a deep dark purple that faded into black. We enjoyed each other's quiet company as we admired the beautiful night sky.

"You like living here with me?" Selena questioned as she stood, waiting for me so we can go inside.

"Wouldn't wanna be anywhere else." I smiled at her and she returned one.

Selena walked down the hall into her room and disappeared into the darkness.

I walked into my room and flipped on the light. I smiled in content looking at my new room. I love it. I quickly changed into a thin t-shirt and shorts and jumped into bed. I stared at the ceiling pondering on one question:

What was Jake doing.
****
I woke up from my phone beeping. SnapChat from Carolyn. I opened it quickly and sent one back. She sent one a second later with 'shit dude it's dark in your room' I laughed and put my phone down. I'll talk to her later. I got up and walked to the French doors that were hidden by thick navy blue curtains and pulled them open.

Sunlight poured into my room and my eyes scanned the pure blue sky. Suddenly, music filled the house. I was startled by the sudden noise but knew it was Selena, so I headed downstairs.

Shit. Where the hell is the kitchen? I turned corners and found myself in random rooms. I found my way to the family room and walked up the few stairs that met the floor of the kitchen.

"Well, good morning! Someone get lost on their way here?" She giggled as she looked at me.

"No." I rolled my eyes and looked through doors to find the pantry. Hey, it's my first morning in this house, I don't know where the hell stuff are.

"Second door on your left." I heard her soft voice say. I turned and saw her eyes staring at her phone. I sighed. I grabbed the cereal box and Selena got a bowl and spoon out for me. I poured myself a bowl of cereal and walked outside and sat on a chair on the porch.

I looked around the yard, I still can't believe this is mine.
******
i am so sorry for the long wait. I honestly have had a lot going on and im really sorry.

peace, love, make good choices, stay safe