Chapter 14

SELENA'S POV

I was outside her room and I was about to open her door when I heard someone screaming on the other end of the phone. It sounded like... Justin.

I opened her door, she didn't even notice. I listened to what he said to her. Oh my god! I can't stand him! Why the hell would he do that! Ugh! I can't stand the madness and the pain he causes me, I'm so done.

The call ended, and she started crying again. She looked in her doorway and stared at me. I put the tray of milk and cookies down on her desk and walked over to her.

"Selena." She cried out. She looked so miserable I felt horrible. I didn't know what to do.

"I'm here, I'm right here." I hushed her and hugged her tight. She clung onto my shirt and cried. I felt so bad.

"Please tell me what's wrong." I begged even though I knew what he said. I need to know how she felt and if there's anything else I need to know.

"Well- well." She snuffled. I nodded for her to continue.

"So- so he said that it's my fault you ended it with him, and that if-if I don't st-stay out of his way, then I- I would get hurt, more than I already am." She said trying to stop crying.

"Anything else?" I sighed, trying to forget about what Justin said to her.

"Well, everyone at school makes fun of me, like I told you. The basics really. (she stopped crying) Like: go kill yourself, no one will miss you, you're just like your sister: stupid, ugly, and you use people! I stand up for... You. I don't really care what they say about me in the moment, when they say your name or the word sister, then I just get protective of you. I can't help it, it's like an instinct." She said nonchalantly as she got up to get the tray I put down a little while ago.

"Michelle, back up! What do they say?"

"They say for me to kill myself, no one will miss me, they make fun of you, and I get protective of you." She shrugged before adding: "were you not paying attention?"

"I was definitely paying attention, but they tell you to kill yourself and that no one will miss you?"

"Yes Selena, that's what I just said! Keep up!" She said clapping her hands together.

"Michelle, please, I'm trying to talk to you about something that's important!"

"Look, Selena, I'm a teenager, and I can handle myself. It's been going on since the 4th grade. So I'm guessing I'm used to it by now. But, I can't help but cringe at what they say, I mean what they say hurts my feelings, especially what they say about you. Ugh, it burns me up!" She said honestly.

"Michelle, you shouldn't and don't have to say anything back to them. Trust me, I get it everyday! By the paparazzi and everything. People make rumors about me, but I have to brush it off because I'm so used to it and I know it's not true, and you say your so used to it, so you need to brush it off. It obviously gets me upset, and I know that everything that happens to you gets you upset, but sometimes, you can't let it get under your skin." I said looking into her eyes. She just nodded after she let it sink in.

"Thanks Selena. I really can't thank you enough for always being there for me." She said and hugged me. We went downstairs and got more cookies and milk.

She took the Oreos out.

"Here's how you eat an Oreo." I explained as I stuck the fork into my Oreo. I dipped it in the milk and ate it. She laughed at me but did it too. We laughed and watched movies the rest of the night. We were watching the Notebook.

"Why can't I have a relationship like this?" I said in awe as they kissed-trying to forget about Justin and what he did.

"Kissing, EWWWWW, gross!" Shelly said obviously exaggerating.We both looked at each other and burst out laughing.

"No but seriously though, my teacher, the one who wants to meet you, looks just like Rachel McAdams with blonde hair." Michelle pointed out. I nodded and the movie ended a little after.

"Selena, it's getting late, I'm gonna head to bed."

"Ok, kiddo!" I called from the kitchen. But I turned around and she was standing there.

"What?"

"Can, I, sleep with you tonight?" She said shyly.

"Haha, ok. C'mom, let's go." I said as I bent down. She hopped on my back and we went up the stairs. I put her on the bed. We got in and she had her back to me. I started singing a song she, and no one, has heard from me yet.

"Who Says, who says you're not perfect?

*************************************

Thanks for 1k readers again! That means so much! Btw, the time is 2011 in the book and Who Says didn't come out yet....

Trying to update more frequently! Love you guys and sorry this is short! Xx