Chapter 36

SHELLY
I ran upstairs and into my room. I slammed the door and went into my closet. I grabbed my overnight bag and turned and looked at my clothes. I took a short sleeved "Nirvana" shirt and got a pair of jeans. I changed quickly and out my over night bag in the laundry room.

I walked down the stairs and Selena was on the couch, when she heard me, she turned to me and stood up, looking at me with hope in her eyes.

"Where are you going?" She asks,standing up and looking at me. I looked at her; tear stained cheeks, eyes still holding tears. She gave me a weary smile.

"I'm going to Carolyn's."I said walking towards the door.

"Oh. What time will you be home by?" She asked coming closer to me.

"I don't know. When I'm on my way home I'll text you, ok?"

"Ok. Tell her mom thanks for me." She said. I nodded.

"Look, Michelle, about all this stuff that's going on-"

"Selena, I'd love to stay and chat about all this bull shit, but, I have to get going." I said cutting her off.

"We're finishing this conversation later." She said. I nodded and opened the door. She kissed my head and hugged me, but I didn't hug her back. I walked out.

I arrived at Carolyn's house after a short walk. We hung out for a few hours. I'm dreading going home and talking to her about everything.

SELENA
I was driving in the car just thinking about Shel. She just doesn't understand everything. I'm in love with him. I know that after this I shouldn't have given him another chance, I just love him, and can't see my life without him.

I arrived at the café and saw him sitting in the back. He was looking down at his phone when I hugged him from around the neck. He turned around and pecked his lips against my right cheek.

"Hey, babe!" He said, smiling at me.

"Hi!" I sent a cheeky smile his way as I sat down across from him.

"Sel, I'm glad you gave me another chance. I know I can fix everything, because I have you." He said as his right hand snaked across the table grabbing mine and holding it.

I didn't know how to answer that so I just nodded and smiled again. He smiled back, picked up my hand, and kissed it.

We ordered our drinks and eventually our food. We talked, we had fun. Like nobody was watching us. It was a perfect little date.

"Bye, babe." He said leaning down. He placed his soft lips on mine. He pulled away and hugged me.

"Bye, J." I said. He walked down the front steps and got into his car. He honked the horn and drive away. I unlocked the door to see Michelle sitting on the couch watching some celebrity show.

"Hey." I said.

"Hi." She mumbled turning off the TV. She turned around and faced me.

"How was your date?" She asked, rolling her eyes at the end.

"It, it was great." I said, smiling.

"I don't actually care. I was just trying to be nice." She said hopping off the cousin and coming towards me.

"Right." I mumbled to myself.

"Selena. I know that it's not up to me when it comes to who you date, I just wish it was someone other than, him. Because I know he'll do something to hurt you, and then 'Jelena' will be off. And then on again. I really wish you didn't rush back to him, I wish you kept our options open and talked to other guys. I don't want to have another fight over him."

"I know, I don't either. And I know you feel that way, and sometimes I wish that I talk to other guys, and everything, it's just that I'm in love with him." She looked disgusted when I said the last part but we laughed.

"I'm sorry for flipping out." She whispered.

"It's ok, I love you, Shel."

"I love you too." I kissed her cheek and hugged her. This time, she hugged me back, tight.
****
IM SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT YOU GUYS!!!! I had writers block, and I was on vacation this past week!

So sorry! Love y'all. Xx

(Sorry for any mistakes!)