Chapter 44

NOT EDITED

SELENA

I'm keeping my promise to Michelle. I've taught my fans to always be themselves, and what kind of role model would I be if i didn't go by what I say?

"Shit." I heard her groan.

"What?"

"Im starving." She complained.

"Same. Wanna go to Panera?" I asked looking at her. She nodded her head and got up.

"Let's go." She said standing in front of me. She grabbed my hand and tried to get me to stand up.

"Selenaaaaaa! C'monnnn!" She whined. I started laughing at her, she's so cute. I reached up and grabbed her face in my hands.

"You're so cute!" I say pinching her cheeks. She slaps my hands away, I continue to laugh.

"One, I'm not cute! I'm starving! And two, I'm not a baby so stop pinching my cheeks!" She said. I laughed again.

"Fine! Let's go." I said finally standing.

We drove for a while listening to the music on the radio. My phone kept lighting up signaling a notification. Instagram.

"@michellegomez did you know about this?!?!?"

"after all he did ! @selenagomez @michellegomez"

and they were all like that. I opened the app and saw what everyone was looking at.

Justin with a model. I clicked her name. Yovanna. Oh no. I looked at Selena who seemed to be in her own little world: singing along to the radio and laughing once in a while when she messed up the lyrics.

I smiled to myself because she looked so happy, without a care in the world. It breaks my heart when she is sad, and after the fun day we had, it would kill me, and crush her if she found out.

I'll just tell her later. I dug through her purse and took her phone. The amount of notifications on her lock screen, holy shit.

I slipped it into my jacket pocket and she didnt seem to notice.

"Let's go I'm starving!" She said pulling the keys out of the ignition.

I sighed and opened the door.

"C'mon!" She says smiling at me, taking my hand, and walking into the place.

"What do you think you'll get?" She asks looking up at the menu.

"Chicken noodle soup." I mumbled. I should be happy, smiling, and laughing right now because I'm spending time with my sister, but my mind keeps bringing the picture back.

"Ohhh, in the bread bowl?" She asks, still looking at the menu.

"Yes." I say. Are Selena and Justin even still together? Is she a friend? She has to be a friend, he's such a nice guy, he wouldn't hurt Selena again. (a/n: I'm just saying this bc in the book I'm on Selena's side so don't hate me)

"I think I'll get that too." She says, stepping forward inline, me following closely behind.

"Next in line?" I hear the lady call out. Selena walks up to her.

"Yes, hi. Can i have two...." I zoned out as she ordered. I looked around the restaurant. It isn't that crowded.

"Selena." I whisper." She smiles at the lady as she walks away for a minute. She looks down at me and continues to smile.

"Yeah?"

"Im gonna get us a table." I say.

"You sure you can find one? I mean, its pretty crowded!" She laughs at her own joke. I fake a laugh.

"Hilarious." I say. She rolls her eyes and laughs again.

I walk away and sit in a booth in the way back. I log onto Instagram again.

Pictures of Justin and Yovanna blow up my feed.

"She's not that bad. Kinda pretty." I look at Selena. "Selena's prettier." I say to myself.

I look up and wait for Selena. I see her scan the restaurant and she sees me. She carries the trays over to the table.

"Hey." She says.

I smile. "Hi."

"Thanks for dinner." I say as I pick up my spoon.

"No problem." She smiles at me and plops the spoonful of soup into her mouth.

My phone buzzed and it reads 'Carolyn'. I look at Selena, enjoying her soup.

"Excuse me a minute." I say getting up. She smiles and nods. I run to the bathroom and hold the phone up to my ear.

"Girlllllllllll." She says.

"Hey, listen you gotta make it fast. I'm at Panera with Selena."

"Ok, so- wait, Panera? Now why wasn't I invited to this?"

"Carolyn!" I say.

"Fine, fine. Did you see the pictures?" She asks.

"Yes! It's all up in my feed!"

"Same! Has Selena seen it?"

"Nah, I took her phone. Im gonna tell her when we get home."

"Smart."

"Thank ya. Ok gotta go now, see ya soon!"

"Peace bro." I hear at the other end and click end.

I walk back out looking at my phone. I sit in my seat clicking 'log out' on Instagram. I put my phone down and smile looking up at her. My smile fades quickly.

She looks at me, a single tear escaping her eye.

"You knew?" She asks.

****

SORRY FOR THE LONG UPDATE ILL TRY TO UPDATE SOON!!!

LOVE YALL

STAY COOL YALL.