Chapter 55

Michelle
"It's summer time, let's get this over with." Car grunted beside me. It was the last day of school, and I couldn't even understand my feelings.

Over the course of this school year, I moved in with Selena, I dated Cole, broke up with him, dated Jake, broke up with him, and now I'm flying solo. I've been single for a while, but I have one person on my radar.

I got really close to a lot of people, lost people and figured out who was important to me, and there is one person in particular. Language Arts has been my favorite subject for the longest time. I've had the same Language Arts teacher for the past two years, and I'm going to be leaving her.

"3...2" I braced myself for the cheers, "1! SCHOOLS OUT!" My whole class screamed and cheered, running out of the classroom. Car and I walked out and students flooded the halls. I waved bye to people as they passed me, but I kept my head down, continuing my thoughts.

I turned 15 this past April, and I graduated from middle school yesterday. Last night was graduation, and I couldn't be more sad. I was leaving friends, the place I felt the most safe in, and most importantly, I was leaving the teacher who impacted me the most.

"Michelle!" She called to me on the plaza of the school I was leaving. I heard her, and instantly said goodbye to my friends who I was seeing in less than two hours.

"Bye guys," I turned around to see her, her arms extended for me.

"Miss Aiello." I said. Now I started to feel emotional. My eyes started to swell up with tears. It was finally hitting me that I was no longer going to see her everyday.

We said our goodbyes. I held onto her tightly, and she kept talking to me. I heard every word she said, but was too much of a mess to respond, but I nodded to let her know I was listening.

"I'll come back to visit, I promise, Miss Aiello." I said once I pulled myself together.

"You better!" She laughed before speaking again, "I'm going to miss you so much, Michelle."

"I'm gonna miss you too." I sniffled.

People kept coming by me saying see you in a little bit, giving my high fives, hugs, whatever. I was concentrating on one person and one person only; Miss Aiello.

"Miss Aiello, I want to thank you." She cocked an eyebrow encouraging me to go on.

"I want to thank you because growing up, I was and still am being compared to Selena. I'm judged because she's my sister, as well, but whenever I'm in the class with you, or talking to you, I know that you don't judge me, and that just means so much to me. You were always there for me when I needed it, and always made me feel special and cared about in the classroom and outside of this school, so thank you." She nodded.

She looked up from the floor and wiped a tear from her face, and enveloping me into another hug.

"Thank you." She mumbled into my hair.

I pulled back and smiled greatly at her, reassuring her it was okay.

"I better get going, I'm having a party today so I should go prepare." I said awkwardly and she laughed.

She pulled me in for another, and final, hug. I gave a small no teeth smile and waved as I made my way through the sea of kids.

I crossed the road and walked down the street to where a sleek, black Audi R8 sat.

"Schools out, baby!" I yelled as I climbed into the passenger seat, gazing at the woman in the drivers seat.

She squealed and hugged me over the console that divided our seats.