Chapter 33

SELENA'S POV

I was standing by the front door, waving good bye to the last kid that was here. All the kids finally left. I'm glad that Shel had fun, and I loved meeting the kids, but, it's been a long day.

"All done." I heard Shel say as I shut the door. She had a big grin on her face because she cleaned the yard in under thirty minutes.

"Awe! My little independent girl." I said pulling her into me. I hugged her but she pushed me away.

"Selena! Stop!" She giggled and I laughed.

"No! Hug me!" I yelled jokingly and hugged her again.

"No!" She laughed and pushed me away again. She walked into the kitchen and sat on the counter.

"Why won't you hug me?" I pouted looking at her.

"Because I'm hungry!" She stated as she grabbed an apple from the bowl on the counter.

"That's why you can't hug your older sister who loves you dearly?" I asked.

"Haha, sorry, Sel." She laughed and hugged me really tightly, which made me giggle.

"There, ya happy now?" She giggled and took a bite of her apple.

"Very." I smiled and she laughed and she took another bite.

"Wanna watch a movie?" She asked hoping of the counter and walking over to me.

"Oh, uh, I don't know. I have someone coming over." I said.

"Oh, ok. I'll just talk to Jake while your busy." She smiled when she said his name.

"Oh, yeah! How'd it go? I forgot to ask!" I said excitedly.

"Well Jake and I were on the tree swing and we started leaning in and Cole saw and interrupted us. I felt bad about almost kissing Jake, but I wanted it, for some reason. I told Cole that I wasn't interested and that I didn't want to lead him on and stuff. He said ok and Jake and I hung out and he asked me out, we kissed, and he gave me this necklace." Shel explained.

"You guys kissed?" I asked almost spitting out my water I got earlier.

"Yeah, it was like the movies, too. Carolyn sprayed us with the hose, and he leaned in and we kissed." She blushed thinking back on it.

"Awe! How adorable! That necklace is so pretty!" I said picking it up off her chest.

"Thank you." She said looking at it.

"Anyway, do you wanna watch the sunset with me?" She asked shyly.

"Of course, c'mon!" I smiled grabbing her hand and walked outside with her.

We sat on the lawn chairs and looked at the sky.

I pulled out my phone and quickly texted Justin.

Sorry babe, with Shelly, can't hang! Xx

Ugh, fine. Have fun, I'll see you tomorrow. Xx

Finally, he didn't say his comment about her, and I wasn't going to tell Shelly about him being the person that was going to come over because I know how she doesn't approve of him.

"This is so pretty." She said looking at the sky.

"I know." I said gazing at the sky.

"Shel?" I asked looking at her.

"Yeah?" She asked looking at me.

"Why did you ask me to watch the sunset with you so shyly? Is there anything you want to tell me?" I asked looking at her.

"Because I knew you were having someone over and I didn't want to get in the way of your time with them, so I was hesitant to ask you, but I'm glad you're here with me now." She smiled and grabbed my hand.

*****

So just a filler chappie. Next chapter Michelle will have some good things and bad things happen to her! So stay tuned.

Hi Rose. Xx.