Chapter 39

SELENA

I sat up rather quickly and jumped out of bed. Bad choice. I felt so dizzy I fell onto the floor. I got up, slowly this time, and went downstairs to see Shel on the couch.

"Hey babe!" I yelled as I walked toward the kitchen. I turned my head to look at her.

Her hand shot up and he fingers made a peace sign. I laughed and fixed myself a bowl of cereal. I was humming a song to myself. I walked in and sat next to her.

"Whatcha watching?" I asked putting a spoonful of cereal In my mouth.

"Nothing. Just looking." She said looking forward, not looking at me once.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Are you sure? Because you don't seem yourself. Shelly Girl! Look at me!"

"I'm fine!"

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing..."

"Uh." I sighed tilting my head to the side.

"Fine! I just saw Carolyn post a picture with Cole. They went out." She sighed showing her the picture.

My hand shot out to grab the phone from her and I looked at it.

"Aw! Carolyn looks pretty!" I smiled. I looked up at her and I instantly took it off my face. She was giving me a are-you-kidding-me look.

"But, but." I said it louder the second time, "Cole looks, bad." I said nodding my head at her, and she laughed at me.

"What do I do?"

"Well, he looks like he makes her happy, and she's your best friend, and does it make you happy if she's happy?"

She nodded and I continued,"well I wouldn't talk to her about it, because you don't want to lose her."

"I know, I don't want to lose her, I'm just thinking like is she trying to make me jealous because I dated him?"

"I don't know... when you post pictures with Jake, are you trying to make others jealous because you have him, and me." I said flipping me hair over my shoulder in a bragging manor.

She giggled and smiled. "I do have you." She said grabbing me and hugging me.

"Sel?" She said into my shoulder.

"Hmhm?"

"Do you think I made a mistake with going out with Jake?"

"No, why?"

"Because it makes me jealous when she's with Cole."

"Well, you make millions of girls jealous because you have him and moi!"

"I know! Stop it!" She yelled and I laughed.

"I love Jake, we've been going for almost two years and I love every minute of it."

"So why'd you think you made a mistake?"

"Because he's a celebrity, and he can girls in the business."

"Well, he told me he'd choose you any day." I said.

"Really?"

"Yes!"

"Aw! Can I see him today?" She asked, with her hands clasped together.

"Sure! Just text him and I'll drive you." she nodded and ran upstairs. I sat ok the couch and looked through Instagram.

SHELLY

I clicked "Jakey" and put the phone up to my ear.

"Hello?" He said into the phone.

"Hi Jake!"

"Hey, babe. What's up?" I smile whenever he calls me babe.

"Nothing, just I was wondering if I could see you?"

"You know I want to see you, but today isn't good. I have to film the season finale of The Fosters today."

"Oh." I said a little disappointed.

"I'm sorry, baby." I smiled, even though I'm sad.

"It's ok. I mean you have to work. I just, we don't see each other a lot."

"Hey, it's ok! We will see each other soon... I promise."

"Ok."

"Baby, I'll text you all day when I can, I promise that too." He laughed.

"Ok."

"Alright, I gotta go...I'll text you soon Shelly."

"Ok, bye."

"I love you, Shelly."

"I love you too, Jakey." He laughed and hung up. I threw my phone on the bed.

Everytime I try to get together with him, he never can! I can't blame him though, he needs to work.

Whatever, though. I changed quickly and walked down stairs.

"Where are you going?" I asked once I saw her by the door with a purse in her hand.

"I have an interview today...shit. I must've forgotten to tell you. I'm sorry Shelly Girl. I gotta go, I'll see ya later. Love you!" She waved and shut the door.

Jake can't hang out today and Sel can't be home. All my friends are probably at the mall, but I don't wanna go.

I sat on the couch and saw her interview on the TV.

"So, how is life at home, Selena?" The lady asked

"Oh, it's fine! Very relaxing. My baby sister is there, I live being with her."

"Michelle, right?" Selena nodded before the last continued, "what is she like?"

She smiled, which made me smile, before answering.

"She is very athletic, tom boy, ya know? Like I used to be like that, I know we all remember that! (she giggles) I mean, I still play sports with her, like basketball, and I surf and skateboard with her sometimes. Well that's when I get the chance. I try my hardest to be there with and for her but you know, paparazzi like to change my plans. But yeah, I love her, so much. She's the best baby sister ever! She's amazing." She smiled and looked at the camera. I smiled back as if she was right in front of me.

"Why am I crying?" I asked myself and then laughed and got up to get tissues. I threw out the tissue and the door bell rang.

"Hi, Selena isn't here right now, but I'll have her call you when she gets home." I say as I open the door.

"I came to see you, actually." My mouth fell open.

****

Sorry I took so long to update so yeah. also I'm sorry for any mistakes!

thanks for reading my book guys!

love y'all. xx