Chapter 32

SHELLY'S POV

Jake and I were still standing there looking at each other. Carolyn stopped spraying us with the hose. I can't believe he kissed me, and I can't believe I kissed back.

It was a shock, but I've been waiting to kiss him.

"Hot dogs, hamburgers, and cheeseburgers are done! Get your food kids!" David said into the microphone from the DJ stand that was set up in the corner of the yard.

"What do you want, I'll go get it for you." Jake asked looking down at me.

"Um, hot dog please." I answered.

"Anything you want to drink?" He asked taking my hand and intertwining our fingers together. I looked down at our hands and smiled and looked at him. He smiled back.

"Coke please." I said and he nodded.

"I'll be right back with your food and beverage, my lady." He said bowing his head like a gentleman and I giggled. All the kids laid there towels on the grass and ate and talked. I placed a big towel on the ground and waited for him.

"Sorry I took so long, girls were asking for pictures and stuff. And then there were no hot dogs left, and I know you prefer boiled hot dogs over grilled hot dogs, so I went inside and made you one." He said handing me a plate with a boiled hot dog, some cherries, and some chips. He sat down and placed his drink and plate on the towel.

"I also know that cherries are your favorite fruits and you always said that you can't eat a hot dog without chips, so I got you some." He explained opening my soda and his and handed me my can.

"How do you know all that stuff?" I asked dumbfounded. How in the hell did he know that about me?

"Every time you talk to me, I listen. It might seem like I don't, but I take everything you say into consideration. Here, turn around." He said and I obeyed.

"Like this" he paused and I heard movement and then he spoke up again. "You told me you wear silver jewelry more than gold, so when I picked this out for you, I knew what you would like." He said moving my hair to the side and put something around my neck. I looked down and saw a silver necklace with a diamond on it, since diamonds are my birth stone.

"Jake." I said teary-eyed. I turned to face him and he was smiling at me.

"Thank you so much. But, you didn't have to do this." I said as I pulled away from a hug we just shared.

"But I wanted too. Because I had to show you that I cared about you. Even if you didn't say yes to going out with me, I would give it to you anyway because I thought you did amazing in the talent show today. Selena showed me the video." He said as he saw I was confused as to how he knew about the show.

"And," he continued, "everyone sends Selena letters and gifts, and she gets awards and affection from left and right, she's a star, who everyone loves. And I know that, because I see her opening fan mail on the set. You don't get the affection you deserve and I wanted to show you some affection because in my eyes, your my star." He smiled and looked at me, dead in the eye.

"Thank you." I smiled back. I barely got the words out because I started crying while listening to him. I hugged him and he hugged me back. I'm a lucky girl, that's for sure.

***********************************************************

So, AW OMG YOU GUYS! Do y'all think Jake's a sweetie?

I do!!!! This chapter wasn't meant to be long, I basically wrote it to explain how Jake feels about Michelle, so this chapter was a filler.

I'll hopefully update later or tomorrow!

THANKS SO MUCH FOR 4.1k! Love y'all so much!

PLEASE READ MY OTHER STORIES AND COMMENT AND VOTE!!

-Shelly