Chapter 31 Part 2

SHELLY'S POV

"Hey, Shelly." I heard a boy voice and looked into his chocolate eyes.

"Hey, Jake." I said looking at him. He had his hands in the pockets of his shorts, his torso was exposed, and damn was it nice. His hair was all messy and spiked up because he went in the pool. So hot.

"Pass the ball." He said, which took me out of my thoughts. I threw it at him.

"Nice." I said, impressed with his shot.

"Thanks. Uh, can we go somewhere and talk?" He asked, looking down. He looked, nervous.

"Yeah, sure." I said and we walked into the yard.

"How about here?" He asked pointing at the swing bench thingy that hung by a branch.

"Sure." I said and sat down and he sat down next to me.

"Look, Michelle. I've had these feelings for you for a long time. Like when we had our fight, I just wanted to act tough and show you that I don't care about you, but I really do."

"I have feelings for you too, Jake. But it's hard because I'm with Cole."

"I know, but what does your heart say." He said looking down and then into my eyes.

"Like, who do you want to be with?" He asked.

"You." I said. He smiled at me and started leaning in to me. I knew it was wrong but Jake is the one I want.

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?" We heard Cole yell and Jake and I jumped back.

"Cole I've been meaning to tell you that- that

I wanted to break up with you. I've been thinking about it and we just don't work. Like you're so sweet and cute but they're's like no spark or something. I'm really sorry. I just can't lead you on like this." I said getting off the tree swing.

"But Michelle, I- I think I'm falling for you! Please, give me a chance?" He begged but I walked passed him. Jake jogged from the tree and caught up to me.

I looked at him and he winked and I blushed.

"Him? You're dumping me for him?" Cole said disgusted with Jake.

"Yes. Goodbye Cole." I say and grab Jake's hand and walk away.

Jake and I spent the rest of the day hanging out. Of course I showed him off to my friends and we all hung out together. Jake and I talked a lot just the two of us. He made me laugh so much. I felt nervous yet warm inside when I was with him. That's what I was missing: the butterflies in my stomach.

****

CAROLYN'S POV

I walked in the house to find Sel.

"Sel?" I yelled into the house. It's a big ass house!

"In the kitchen, Carolyn!" She said back. I walked in the kitchen.

"Sel can I get a cheeseburger!" I asked but I meant it as a command.

"Anything for you, Carolyn!" She laughed.

"I'll be outside." I said as I turned on my heel. I saw a very attractive blonde boy sitting on a chair by the door.

"Uh, hi!" I said, trying to lightning to mood.

His head shot up and he smiled. " Hey." His smile soon turned into a smirk and he stood up.

"What's wrong?" I asked looking in his eyes.

"I was dumped by your best friend." He answered, sitting down again.

"I'm sorry." I said trying to comfort him. I looked at Shel and Jake laughing. They're so cute together!

"Hey!" He said, now smiling. That smile though.

"What's up?"

"Will you go out with me?" He asked, smiling slyly at me.

"But you just dated Michelle, and just got out of a relationship." I stated.

"I know, but when I was with her, I admired you from a far. What do you say, cutie?" He asked smiling. Damn this boy! Hot and sweet! Total package!

"Sure!" I smiled happily.

"Great!" He said and grabbed my hand.

"Carolyn! You're cheeseburger!" Sel said running after me.

"Oh, yeah! Thanks!" I said grabbing it from her. She just smiled and walked away. It was a good burger! Cole and I talked and got to know each other better. He eventually had to leave so I walked outside.

****

SHELLY'S POV

"Shel, will you, finally go out with me?" Jake asked facing me, now holding both of my hands.

"Yes." I smiled and hugged him. I pulled away and looked into his beautiful brown eyes.

We both jumped and looked up and saw water pouring down on us, like rain. It wasn't "raining" anywhere else but over us so I looked around.

I saw Carolyn with a garden house spraying it over us. I giggled to myself and she saluted me with a goofy grin on her face.

I looked up at Jake and he looked down at me. He leaned in and kissed me. We pulled away and smiled at each other. I looked at Carolyn and mouthed 'thank you' and she smiled in return.

This was perfect. This was just like the movies.

***************************************************

So Shole is back on! Who's happy? I am!

Carolyn and Cole are on now.... Hmhmhm.

Haha! Hope everyone's having a wonderful summer!

Love y'all! Xx